1% Battery Stats in Status Bar

Rocko

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know about this cool app. Battery Monitor by Simmo Publications lets you put battery stats in 1% increments in the status bar and in widget form if you want. I have tested this with circle battery widget and it is accurate. It doesn't require any permissions and uses almost no resources. Cool app.

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
O rly? 1% you say. That's cool. I use darkslide so my battery is awesome I'd love to have more accuracy in reading it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Rocko

Rocko

Reaction score
Yup, 1% increments. It's a nice change from the stock 10% garbage. There are 1% stats available now since the 2.2 update from the system, I don't know why Moto won't update the OS to use those.

EagleStrike

Reaction score
Nice find, hopefully it doesn't drain the battery at all just to keep updating the percentages.

qman66

Reaction score
tried it its better than battery left but not accurate. battery percentage sometimes goes back up by itself. i wouldnt recommend any 1% battery app/widget for a dx/d2/pro user

OP
Rocko

Rocko

Reaction score
tried it its better than battery left but not accurate. battery percentage sometimes goes back up by itself. i wouldnt recommend any 1% battery app/widget for a dx/d2/pro user

I don't see how it could go up unless your systems stats went up as that's where it pulls the info. Its dead on accurate as is circle batt widget. I have never heard or seen what you describe. Maybe your battery is getting ready to croak.

qman66

Reaction score

I don't see how it could go up unless your systems stats went up as that's where it pulls the info. Its dead on accurate as is circle batt widget. I have never heard or seen what you describe. Maybe your battery is getting ready to croak.
No my battery is fine. Let me explain. System says battery is at 90. this app will go 90 when system says 90 then go 89,8,7,6,5,4 and then 90 again and then when system goes to 80 it goes to 80.

Natey2

Reaction score
The battery charge counter (storing remaining charge in 1% increments) is at /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_counter

So if you have access to the command line, just
cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_counter

The standard battery icon could start using this counter, I think...

jmorton10

Reaction score
I've never understood why people really care about 10% meters (that are never really accurate anyway)

Are you going to use your phone differently if it says 87% instead of 90%??

~John

Natey2

Reaction score
I've never understood why people really care about 10% meters (that are never really accurate anyway)

Are you going to use your phone differently if it says 87% instead of 90%??

~John

But I'd use it differently if it said 2% vs. 10% :)
I like to live dangerously.

foxky

Reaction score
I use minimalistic text widget and it has accurate 1% stats. relatively accurate I might add because apps dont calculate battery percentage from the actual battery, it uses its own algorithm based on what the battery icon in the notification bar and the settings page says. from what ive experienced: say your battery icon reads 100 when you unplug it, then 90% in a half hour. it rounds down so when the internal battery gets to 94% it will say 90% instead of 100%, despite having over 90%. it will continue to say 90% until the internal battery reads 84% and so on.

ad1064eb-0dbd-674a.jpg

ad1064eb-0d93-e737.jpg

tapped on my LibX 1.5

aimless

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know about this cool app. Battery Monitor by Simmo Publications lets you put battery stats in 1% increments in the status bar and in widget form if you want. I have tested this with circle battery widget and it is accurate. It doesn't require any permissions and uses almost no resources. Cool app.

Just downloaded app. Seems pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up!!

Focused 2.0 DroidX

OP
Rocko

Rocko

Reaction score

No my battery is fine. Let me explain. System says battery is at 90. this app will go 90 when system says 90 then go 89,8,7,6,5,4 and then 90 again and then when system goes to 80 it goes to 80.

Hmm. I understand, but I have never seen this. Have you tried running circle battery widget alongside battery monitor and see if they both return the 1% stats the same?

I have found both very accurate and both reporting the identical numbers.