1% battery stats available without mod

brenneisec

Reaction score
Finally we can have 1% battery increments. I just updated my circle battery widget and one of the items on the change log was "Fixed Motorola phones problem". I was wondering what this could be until I finished updating and was surprised to see my battery widget sitting at 44%! I havent been able to test how accurate this is so hopefully others can post their results but I'm just glad to see there's an option for those who don't want to mod.

you can download the widget here:
goo.gl/BDwix

Let me know what kind of results you guys are getting!

want a droid

Reaction score
Been charging my phone since 30%. Early it read 49 and battery stats said 50%. Now it reads 67 and battery stats says 70%.

Not sure if it's reliable.

Rocko

Reaction score
Did the update the driver? Otherwise it's just an estimate like the other widgets.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Ah, a reliable way of getting 1% increments would be great. Looks like this widget is just giving a guess.

EDIT: I stand corrected, it looks like this dev found a system file that gives 1% increments that everybody else overlooked...

jjj751

Reaction score
its working accurately for me. When it hit 15% my phone gave me the alert so it should be accurate, unless it controls the systems notification alert

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's a hardware problem with motorola phones. Skull_One tested it a while ago and the ratings bounced around. I don't think we could add this ability even if we wanted to.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rocko

Reaction score
If the old driver only disperses 10% increments how does the stock meter show the 15% near the end of the battery's charge?

kevinkar

Reaction score
Been charging my phone since 30%. Early it read 49 and battery stats said 50%. Now it reads 67 and battery stats says 70%.

Not sure if it's reliable.
That sounds pretty close to me. Rounding up the 1% values to nearest 10% value and 49=50 and 67=70. I don't see how that's unreliable. Sounds on target to me.

Someone needs to read the voltage incrementally as the battery drains and graph the voltage against the 1% and 10% values to see both where the 10% stair-step drops take place and how the 1% information tracks. Both curves should be parallel with the 10% curve stepping down and the 1% curve being smooth.

But if both curves are the same slope and roughly parallel, then they are at least consistent with each other and the new widget should be as reliable as the 10% stats only with more precision.

Though, I'm not sure 1% information makes any difference unless you are within the last 10%-15% at which point I'd be looking for my charger. 43% is no different than say 70% is since both values tell me I've got several hours left....

ricks

Reaction score
I use an app that shows the battery level in 1% increments that sits in the notification bar and is accurate.

jkieffer46

Reaction score
What's the app name ricks? And did you get rid of the stock battery meter?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App