ZTE may be back after all

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Interesting the money ZTE will have to pay in order to be able to buy parts from US companies and sell their phones in the US. I wonder how it will hurt their bottom line.

he company has agreed in principle to a settlement that would lift the Commerce Department ban preventing US companies from doing business with ZTE, according to a Reuters tweet. In exchange, ZTE would have to pay a total of $1.7 billion in penalties, according to the the report. The preliminary deal includes a $1 billion fine and $400 million in escrow in case of future violations. This comes on top of the $361 million ZTE had already paid under the original settlement.

Trump saves ZTE? The Chinese company is set to pay $1.7B to lift Commerce Department ban

Ankit_saiyan

Reaction score
I don't think they will make it in the Market again

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
An agreement has been reached. They will pay a one billion dollar fine, overhaul it's management, allow a US compliance team to be installed for 10 years and who knows what else.

Chairman Yin Yimin wrote a memo to staff Friday saying that ZTE will return to business as soon as possible and will hold accountable those responsible for the violation that led to the ban, a company source told Reuters.

ZTE chairman apologizes after agreeing to pay $1 billion fine to US