zedge

alexh0419

Reaction score
How do I set a zedge notification download as a text tone? When I go to message settings to set ringtone it doesn't give me an option to choose from zedge. I tried resetting the default settings and still nothing please help me thanks peeps

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You have to do it from the Zedge APP, there is a set button when you are looking at the tone from within Zedge.

smokeyrd

Reaction score
syd, is there anything you dont know the answer to? Let's try this...im going to give you the answer and you give me the question... "42"

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
syd, is there anything you dont know the answer to? Let's try this...im going to give you the answer and you give me the question... "42"

What is, The degree to which light refracts off water to create a rainbow.

smokeyrd

Reaction score
I was going for a Hitchhiker's Guide reference there but...really? I guess its time to google that?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I was going for a Hitchhiker's Guide reference there but...really? I guess its time to google that?

Yeah I figured that was what you were going with, but thought I would throw you off and go obscure.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So Alex you are saying that when you from the Zedge APP tell a tone to be your notification tone, it does not work for text messages but it does work for other notifications such as emails?

I have not tried Zedge since upgrading to ICS, which I am assuming you are on now? I can download it and try to see if it works.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
OMG, lmao! That may be the ultimate challenge... trying to find something Sydman does not know.

Edit: Oh wow, I am fricken dying here. I thought I would put voice to the test. Asked the question, voice sent me to google. How would someone know that? Lol! I thought Sydman was making that up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So just downloaded Zedge and downloaded a notification tone and told it to set from within the APP. It works for me with text messages and emails, so not sure what might be going on with your install.

I am on the .215 leaked ICS OS, not sure if that matters. Can you try a hard reset by pressing the volume down and the power button for 10 seconds to force a reboot and see if it works then.

emarioc

Reaction score
Zedge not offered as a source for notification etc on ICS

On GB you would get a choice of system sounds, default or Zedge. On ICS there is no choice you just get the sounds in the default directory. If I want to use my Zedge downloads I have to copy them to the default location for ICS.

teerav73

Reaction score
You can also use a file manager to copy the sound file from the Zedge folder to the default notification and/or ringtone folders. It makes the files more easy to access in the system settings and any other apps you might use to customize sounds like a missed call app or and alarm app.

emarioc

Reaction score
Problem solved! Android System was set to be the default, I selected Clear Default and then Zedge was offered when selecting a tone for any other app. I have no idea how it got set to default.. :biggrin:

wordsmith

Reaction score
On GB you would get a choice of system sounds, default or Zedge. On ICS there is no choice you just get the sounds in the default directory. If I want to use my Zedge downloads I have to copy them to the default location for ICS.

Can you tell me what GB is? I'm totally confused. I have my zedge notifications and ringtones copied to the system with my other default android sounds. However, just recently, my zedge ringtones are not playing--for instance, for my text notification. They worked fine before, but all of a sudden they do not play. It always sounds the default notification I have set for the phone. I have set a particular zedge tone for my texts, but it does not play. Only the general default notification sound plays. Not sure why my text notification does not work properly...

Reaction score
Can you tell me what GB is? I'm totally confused. I have my zedge notifications and ringtones copied to the system with my other default android sounds. However, just recently, my zedge ringtones are not playing--for instance, for my text notification. They worked fine before, but all of a sudden they do not play. It always sounds the default notification I have set for the phone. I have set a particular zedge tone for my texts, but it does not play. Only the general default notification sound plays. Not sure why my text notification does not work properly...

GB is short for Gingerbread. I just installed the Zedge app and when I go into settings and sound to change my ringtones it gives me both options. I would suggest for you to go to settings, then Apps, then swipe all the way to the right until you get to ALL, then scroll down and go into Media Storage, then scroll down to LAUNCH BY DEFAULT and tap Clear defaults. That should give you the option for both again when attempting to change your ringtones.

The stop working thing I would try rebooting your phone if you haven't in a while.