Zagg Invisible Shield -- not sure I like it

wg0649

Reaction score
I put it on yesterday and first off it freaked me out a bit that I had to use water solution sponge on my phone. Second it seems to be a little "sticky" -- meaning it's not as responsive or sensative to my finger. Third the screen isn't as crisp/clear on the dispaly.

Anyone else have these issues? Is there a better screen protector out there?

thanks
-Will

JCo352

Reaction score
I love my zagg, it will look better with a little more time maybe. I put mine on 7 or 8 months ago and it is just now starting to peel up a tiny bit in the top right.

Jester6x

Reaction score
I put it on yesterday and first off it freaked me out a bit that I had to use water solution sponge on my phone. Second it seems to be a little "sticky" -- meaning it's not as responsive or sensative to my finger. Third the screen isn't as crisp/clear on the dispaly.

thanks
-Will

Yep, I had the same issues. I was really excited about it and I put it on and used it for a day and hated every second of it. The screen didn't look as crisp to me with the orange peel. My finger didn't slide as nicely. I actually brought it back and got the cheap verizon ones and was a lot happier

DanDroidX

Reaction score
I have ghost armor and I love it. They put it on at the mall for me, guaranteed perfect. They replace any parts on the back for free and the front is only $5 after the initial $35 for the 1st time. The stuff is amazing. Impossible to scratch permanently, 100% clear, and covers all surfaces of the phone. I highly recommend it.

I am not a representative of Ghost Armor, just the preaching the good word.

B-Unit

Reaction score
A pain to install, that much is certain, but seems to work well enuf. The tiny strips along the edges catch on my pockets alot, so Ive had to cut those down, but that took 3-4 months. The screen protector itself is great, no peeling, and didn't hurt responsiveness much if at all.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at any of the existing screen protector threads? No need to reinvent the wheel yet again. I highly suggest reading up before making another screen protector purchase. The liquid required for application, orange peel and tacky feel shouldn't have been a surprise to you.

This site is a handy resource but only if you actually make use of it.

OP
W

wg0649

Reaction score
It's a handy resource without people being rude too...

series70

Reaction score
Steinheil Crystal for Motorola Droid

I'm loving their hard coated shield. Feels smooth, just like the glass.

This is the truth. I bought two more packets of these just so I have enough for the life of the phone (2-year contract). I'm still on my first one and you get 2 for what you'd pay for the Zagg. I wasn't a big fan of having to follow drying instructions for the phone by applying the Zagg protector....

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
It was a pain to put on, and after several tries, I thought it was decent enough and just left it. Looked like crap for the few months I had it on, but I was just happy that it wouldnt get scratched. About a week ago I got tired of how ugly it was starting to look (picking up dust in the corners, etc) and just pulled it off. So now it's withou a screen protector, but yeah I kidna regret the purchase.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I've posted in other Zagg threads... but I love mine. I kept one on my old WinMo. Really liked the protection. Had a corner piece keep coming off... sent a note to Zagg and had a replacement within a few days. I now have a Zagg on my Droid and on my wife's Alias 2. The only complaint I have is that the screen protector tends to get smudged a lot easier. Installation is tricky, but with a little patience, I have done all my own installs.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
About a week ago I got tired of how ugly it was starting to look (picking up dust in the corners, etc) and just pulled it off. So now it's withou a screen protector, but yeah I kidna regret the purchase.
I always had them replace my IS at that stage. If you don't use the warranty there's no reason IMO to pay the premium for an IS since there are cheaper products using the same material.

It's a handy resource without people being rude too...
Reading the FAQ's & stickies and searching first is proper forum etiquette. If you need help in those areas then definitely ask for assistance.

As for being rude -- it's your duty to perform your due diligence before making a purchase. Especially when information is out there. I'm sorry if pointing that out to you is "rude". I'm just saying make use of the tools available to you to avoid being surprised in the future. I can't think of any thread mentioning the IS that fails to point out the drawbacks that apparently surprised you and that's not just on this site. People complain about the application process, orange peel effect and tackiness all the time.

Last edited: