Youtube Mobile Revamped - Faster and Better Quality!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
hwlclg.jpg

Youtube App? What Youtube App?

Today, Youtube announced a complete revamping of its mobile Youtube site. What does this mean for the end-user? First off, a much more intuitive layout. For example, the touch buttons and other UI elements have been enlarged. Also, available now are search query selections, the option to like/unlike/favorite a video, and the ability to create playlists, all directly from your phone's browser. Simply put, the complete desktop Youtube experience on your smartphone.

Now to get to the most intriguing improvements: a much speedier experience, and a High Quality video option. When, in the past, the mobile Youtube site would default to an extremely low quality for a clip, now there is an option to stream the video in high quality, without ever entering that Pesky old Youtube app.

Check out a video introduction to the new Youtube Mobile Site:

[video=youtube;GGT8ZCTBoBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGT8ZCTBoBA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Introducing the New YouTube Mobile Website[/video]

Next time you have an urge to watch a plethora of Keyboard Cat videos or World Cup clips, visit m.youtube.com to check it out for yourself.

So, has anyone noticed these improvements yet? Let us know.

via Phandroid
Source Youtube Blog

azazin

Reaction score
I just went to m.youtube.com
the old site is still there :l

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just went to m.youtube.com
the old site is still there :l

The changes have been implemented. Take a closer look. Choose a video, and check out all the new options, like HQ, Share, Like/Dislike.

You'll be impressed, trust me :)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think it's pretty slick... good work youtube...

azazin

Reaction score
I tried deleting the cache, refreshing the page, typing m.youtube.com directly.
Nothing has changed for me yet.

Stang68

Reaction score
How are you guys accessing it? Whenever I click "Play" on a video, it asks if I want to use SKyfire or the Youtube App to play it.

jbwiden

Reaction score
When I had my Storm 1 it was so annoying not being able to watch in HQ

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Looks cool, but I never really used the old version of m.youtube, so I wouldnt have noticed.