Youtube Mobile Revamped - Faster and Better Quality!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was impressed until I realized they didn't have a dedicated "subscription updates" list like the native one :\

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was impressed until I realized they didn't have a dedicated "subscription updates" list like the native one :\

Make a suggestion to Youtube. Now that they're serious about their mobile site, maybe they will hear you.

Nerotoxen

Reaction score
Anyone else notice it was an iPhone then a nexus one then an iPhone then a nexus one etc? I kinda lol'd about it!

thechosenwonton

Reaction score
How are you guys accessing it? Whenever I click "Play" on a video, it asks if I want to use SKyfire or the Youtube App to play it.

Soo..... what was the fix? Doing the same exact thing with me on Motorola Droid.

thechosenwonton

Reaction score
Well I'm guessing Motorola Droid users are getting screwed on this - looks like what I'm reading from EVO users as well - does not open in browser, I do not have an HQ button, and when opening in the youtube app, it does not offer a portrait version, nor default to high quality. Is this just a Froyo thing?

I've already tried resetting to defaults, clearing cache, and even rebooted my phone, still the same issue. I like the interface, but if it just links to the rather lackluster youtube app, it seems kinda rube goldbergish to me.

Let me know if I'm off my rocker, and you've got a Droid running 2.1, and have it working for you, I'd love to know the secret.

Stang68

Reaction score
Well I'm guessing Motorola Droid users are getting screwed on this - looks like what I'm reading from EVO users as well - does not open in browser, I do not have an HQ button, and when opening in the youtube app, it does not offer a portrait version, nor default to high quality. Is this just a Froyo thing?

I've already tried resetting to defaults, clearing cache, and even rebooted my phone, still the same issue. I like the interface, but if it just links to the rather lackluster youtube app, it seems kinda rube goldbergish to me.

Let me know if I'm off my rocker, and you've got a Droid running 2.1, and have it working for you, I'd love to know the secret.

Yeah, actually it's not working for me now. I thought I had it but was wrong. I still get the "Skyfire or Youtube app" choice, even after resetting all defaults.

Anyone know what to do?

lyam

Reaction score
I don't see the button on the right side for HQ on any videos. Even the videos I know have them (based on screenshots).

Droid 2.1 OTA, non-rooted.

Stang68

Reaction score
Anyone else have luck with the site on a Moto Droid non-rooted 2.1?

azazin

Reaction score
To make it for you currently have to set your language to English-US at the bottom of the page.

Works on my Samsung Galaxy S, it's awesome!

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
Looks the same to me... Every time I run a video it just launches the youtube app...

Do I need to uninstall the app to see the different site?

paulhusker

Reaction score
I'm not getting a HQ option either on my Incredible.

When I run the App & hit more, there's a HQ option.