YouTube HQ Default Mod...and are there others?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by thumper300zx, Mar 16, 2010.

1. thumper300zx

thumper300zx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just followed the steps to default YouTube to HQ, but it didn't change the default. Got the YouTube.odex file onto the system/app folder, rebooted, no change. Also, one step said I needed to backup the old YouTube.odex file, but the only file I had was YouTube.apk in that folder. Any help appreciated.

Also, is there a mod that can be done for other sites, like NBC videos? The quality is pathetic !!!

2. BostonDroid

BostonDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    petes ESE53 comes with Youtube HQ default mod already installed... Have you tried that? It is better in every way than any other rom...

3. thumper300zx

thumper300zx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've currently on Cyangenmod (just put it on today) because I like the 3D launcher, but I had Bugless and Ultimate Droid and liked both of those, too (Both with Helix launcher). If I can't figure out a few things on Cyan I'll be going back to one of those, even though I will miss the launcher.

Went back to Ultimate Droid. HD default back.

Would love to see someone figure out HD on NBC.com, too -- of course, FLASH would be nice :) HE HE.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  4. djrakun

djrakun Member

Ratings:
    +0

i prefer cyanogen too, and would still appreciate someone explaining how i can include this hack, rather than which rom I can try where it is already included.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  5. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The easiest way is to find a copy of xeudoxus' xUltimate v1.2.4, and modify with that.

I dont have the app on this computer...but if you can find it once you get it running this is what you do...

option 1
    option 2
    option 15
    option 3

Will probably crap out when you "hit any button to continue"...so close the window and relaunch

option 15
    option 8 (I believe...again dont have in front of me..could be option 9...but it is clearly labeled

6. djrakun

djrakun Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thx for the advice, jbg25. I did try the xUltimate script but i didnt have any luck with it. The rom is already deoxed and i followed the instructions on the help webpage but the script kept dying. I did manage to get lucky and find a working apk though

just get the .apk from this link
    *********** - online file sharing and storage - download YouTube.apk
    and change
    busybox cp -R YouTube.odex /system/app
    to
    busybox cp -R YouTube.apk /system/app
    I tried this with a different apk and it caused youtube to crash continually. Make sure you use the one in the link above if you have any probs

7. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is strange, before I stupidly deleted the folder it was in...I had no problem using it on any of the CM5.0.5.x versions.

Search tags for this page

hqdefault

hqdefault ...
hqdefault 3

hqdefault youtube

www,hqdefault,com
www.hqdefault
you tube hq apk

youtube hqdefault

youtube.odex
youtube.odex file