Your cell phone battery could soon recharge ten times faster

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Well, the faster they charge , the shorter the life of the battery will be due to heat. Kind of the reason why you still see expensive slow battery chargers out there and why i use one for all of my rechargeable for my camera flashes.

Bugt it would be nice if it could happen without a negative affect.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I definitely like the idea that even after a year they're still more efficient then current batteries.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score
i like the idea of the more capacity and lasting days with out a charge. still would mean you would want to buy a new one after about a year and a half. Id take one right now!

socalsurfer

Reaction score
Better Batteries!

I have been in the battery business for 30 years. We will see some great advances in lithium chemistry batteries within the next 5 years, but unfortunately, the articles and news releases most see are experiments done at a university laboratory. There is a big difference between creating a new battery in a lab that works wonders, from producing one in mass quantities that are stable, economical to produce and sell, and work the same as they did in the lab; now that you are buying the components in huge quantities.

The batteries that go into cell phones are consumer grade, mass produced junk all made in China. Price is the key ingredient. This will not change until consumers are willing to pay $150 to $200 for a good, powerful cell phone battery that could last 3-5 years. However, this is a non issue as the phones only last 2 years.