Your cell phone battery could soon recharge ten times faster

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by kongo, Nov 16, 2011.

1. kongo

kongo New Member

Saw this today, thought it was interesting, even though the tech's still about 5 years away for consumer use:

Your cell phone battery could soon recharge ten times faster | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News

IMO, batteries are the bottle neck, followed by software, then hardware, in most technology devices today.
  2. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

Well, the faster they charge , the shorter the life of the battery will be due to heat. Kind of the reason why you still see expensive slow battery chargers out there and why i use one for all of my rechargeable for my camera flashes.

Bugt it would be nice if it could happen without a negative affect.
  3. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

I definitely like the idea that even after a year they're still more efficient then current batteries.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums
  4. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

i like the idea of the more capacity and lasting days with out a charge. still would mean you would want to buy a new one after about a year and a half. Id take one right now!
  5. socalsurfer

socalsurfer New Member

Better Batteries!

I have been in the battery business for 30 years. We will see some great advances in lithium chemistry batteries within the next 5 years, but unfortunately, the articles and news releases most see are experiments done at a university laboratory. There is a big difference between creating a new battery in a lab that works wonders, from producing one in mass quantities that are stable, economical to produce and sell, and work the same as they did in the lab; now that you are buying the components in huge quantities.

The batteries that go into cell phones are consumer grade, mass produced junk all made in China. Price is the key ingredient. This will not change until consumers are willing to pay $150 to $200 for a good, powerful cell phone battery that could last 3-5 years. However, this is a non issue as the phones only last 2 years.
Search tags for this page

how to charge battery fast in android

how to charge phone faster android

ways to charge android phone faster