You can remove the Galaxy S6’s battery… here's how..

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Same with my MotoX, MotoG & this Nexus 6. Used it a few times on each device

Have I found another Moto Fan like myself?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Same with my MotoX, MotoG & this Nexus 6. Used it a few times on each device

Tapped from a Nexus 6

Have you tried pressing and holding just the power button on all of those? According to Motorola (Moto X (2), Moto G (2), Nexus 6), you only have to press and hold the power button. The volume button isn't necessary. It was necessary on pre-Moto X Motorola devices, but it isn't any more. I've forced reboots on the Moto X and Moto G, so I know just the power button works with those.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
That seems kind of prone to some trouble. How often does a phone get lodged in a purse or pocket in a such a fashion as to turn off the device.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That seems kind of prone to some trouble. How often does a phone get lodged in a purse or pocket in a such a fashion as to turn off the device.

For the length of time and pressure that's required, not very often. It it did, it wouldn't be used as much as it is on devices.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Fair enough. The button combo always seemed fine until I got my GS II Skyrocket. The lack of a physical home button but the requirement to use it in some instances made holding the phone weird. Pretty sure it was to get to Odin Mode.