You can now install Google wallet.

OP
Trky

Trky

Reaction score
And you have verified this to work? Last time I installed xposed it bricked my phone.

OP
Trky

Trky

Reaction score
I tried to do a couple things with my phone but apparently I don't have true root privileges even though it says I do. Once I can force apps into the system I'll give it a shot.

OP
Trky

Trky

Reaction score
That method won't work as there is no customer recovery available for the Maxx yet.

OP
Trky

Trky

Reaction score
No I'm on a droid maxx. My thread was moved from the droid maxx forum.

MTsang

Reaction score
I just installed Google Wallet two days ago and I decide to just put $20 in my wallet and test it out in my local Duane Reade store where they accept Gwallet. I tried "tap and pay" with the back of my phone I can hear the beep but it doesn't take. I know my NFC is enable but I am not sure why it doesn't work, but why letting us install in the first place. I tried contact Google support and have already spoken to two agents. They totally clueless about the in store purchase and left message with the next in line agent to follow up with my issues.
Perhaps it doesn't work with Verizon Galaxy S4!? But why letting us install in the first place. Does anyone has the same issues? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

steeletown

Reaction score
I just installed Google Wallet two days ago and I decide to just put $20 in my wallet and test it out in my local Duane Reade store where they accept Gwallet. I tried "tap and pay" with the back of my phone I can hear the beep but it doesn't take. I know my NFC is enable but I am not sure why it doesn't work, but why letting us install in the first place. I tried contact Google support and have already spoken to two agents. They totally clueless about the in store purchase and left message with the next in line agent to follow up with my issues.
Perhaps it doesn't work with Verizon Galaxy S4!? But why letting us install in the first place. Does anyone has the same issues? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Google wallet does work with S4. But the tap to pay function is not supported on Verizon. You have to install the Google wallet patch.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
And I suppose you have to be rooted for this patch, right?

Unfortunately you do have to be rooted.

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!![/QUOTE

Why can't they just make it easy, I have a phone with nfc that can be used for tap to pay, only they won't allow me to!!!! Why have nfc if I can't do that simple function?

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!!