yard work

ggtus

Reaction score
I have a hatred to yardwork and vowed last summer would be my last time, but dad was not listening then. I have to clean a pile of sticksand leaves. Its making the driveway wet and there are ants and worms have migrated there, also I found the shell of a 2inch grub in the pile. I'm responsible for putting thesticks in bags. 3 home depot bags in and I'm worried the sticks (branches) are getting to big to all fit soundly next to each other. It's almost 11 and I don't need to get any darker.
This is aggravating to me, not calming which most people find it. Ipod blasting and I'm just pissed. Any suggestions to stay optimistic??? Or a way to make it go faster, I would ratheer see it all go up in flames, but its probably too damp for that

bad4u

Reaction score
this threads either gonna go 2 ways...

1. everyone older than 11 will tell you to grow the F up and dont complain about picking up leaves because you could be ......... or have to.......

2. people might give you funny suggestions... like for instance it doesnt matter how wet the leaves are, lighter fluid or gas will burn hot enough and long enough to dry the leaves so they will ignite :icon_eek:

Btw quit Bi$%^ing :icon_evil: haha jk

Ha i just noticed you said it is 11 not I am 11, I also thought the second half of that sentence said " I dont need to get any darker"

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dude seriously...

Do you have any money saved up? You could pay some other kid to do it :D

If not, just get it done...it always goes by quicker than you think it will.

P.S. Put some sunblock on and stop going to the beach if you're too dark :D

OP
G

ggtus

Reaction score
Like that was my vent. I just spent another 15 out there and its freakin atrocious hot. Filled two bags.
This isn't just leaves, these are the leftover too small branches from the tree we cut down. Lol,, I'm on the verge of insanity. I'm a calm person, but this is one thing that aggravates me.
Btw I'm 16 and would rent a woodchipper if I had the money. Went to the galleria yyesterday job hunting

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
Accept it. Surrender to it. Then choose not to be in a bad mood about it.

Being angry is akin to drinking poison, and expecting someone else to die.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
where are you from? it sounds like your up north somewhere when your talking about all the leaves.

you could be down here where its 95+ plus every day and the feels like temp is well over 100... and oh yeah eleventy billion percent humidity too.

me personally i love the heat because the hotter it is the more money i make.

joker402

Reaction score
how about get off the computer and just get it done?

but 1+ for making a little brother do it or paying the neighbor kid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i know when I was 16 my grammar was a lot better than this...

and maybe just stop complaining and do it? what other jobs are there for 16 year old kids besides yard work/cleaning?

well, there always is Mickey Ds :)

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
where are you from? it sounds like your up north somewhere when your talking about all the leaves.

you could be down here where its 95+ plus every day and the feels like temp is well over 100... and oh yeah eleventy billion percent humidity too.

i live in az so it gets to be 115 in the summer right now at 10 in the morning its 91

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

i live in az so it gets to be 115 in the summer right now at 10 in the morning its 91

it doesn't get that hot here but your lucky you don't have to deal with the humidity.

and unfortunately at night it cools down to like 85 degrees and as soon as the sun pops up its over 90.

the heat and humidity really dont bother me as i work as a boat captain on the water so its always nice and breezy.

OP
G

ggtus

Reaction score
Wow. I had finished it like two hours after the post. Then it rained... all bad