Yahoo email users: Saving attachments?

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
So I've had Yahoo email set up and working fine (more or less) on my Moto Droid for a few months now, but last night was the first time I've tried to save an attachment, and it didn't work.

For a simple .jpg, two button options are given: view and save. "Save" consistently results in a force close of the email in question. "View" opens up the .jpg in a viewer (I couldn't tell which one, probably the default gallery app?), but trying a long press on the image results in... nothing. No pop-up of any sort, it's like I'm not even long pressing. And there are no menu options available while the image is on screen, either.

So, do any Yahoo email users have a way of saving attachments that I'm missing? Any kind of workaround at all, short of switching to GMail?

DCMountaineer

Reaction score
K-9 works well for saving attachments. I have that loaded on my phone (with notifications turned off) and use it for dl'ing attachments to the memory card. Works well.

Does anybody have issues with forwarding attachments using Yahoo? Every time I try to forward an attachment it doesn't forward the file...

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
K-9 works well for saving attachments. I have that loaded on my phone (with notifications turned off) and use it for dl'ing attachments to the memory card. Works well.

Does anybody have issues with forwarding attachments using Yahoo? Every time I try to forward an attachment it doesn't forward the file...

That's right, I forgot about K-9. There was some other email function I was looking for a while ago (can't remember what, offhand), but it sounded like K-9 was a good solution; I just forgot to go get the app. Thanks for the reminder.

Not sure about forwarding using Yahoo, I haven't tried it yet. I do still get the hundreds of copies in the sent folder though, which I guess is a known Yahoo/Droid issue that Yahoo is still working on.

WesleyHall08

Reaction score
Aol doesn't work either

I just switch from the iphone to the droid by motorola and have been very happy so far, except for not being able to save pictures from email attachments. I am using aol and am having the same problems as the yahoo users. I hope this is not signs of things to come and they fix the problems with there standard apps. The phone has been out for some time now and hope this isn't an prediction of the future.

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I just switch from the iphone to the droid by motorola and have been very happy so far, except for not being able to save pictures from email attachments. I am using aol and am having the same problems as the yahoo users. I hope this is not signs of things to come and they fix the problems with there standard apps. The phone has been out for some time now and hope this isn't an prediction of the future.

It's not a Yahoo/AOL issue, it's the stock email tool that comes with the Droid. And I don't know if I'd really call it a problem, or just a lack of feature. Granted, it's a fairly standard feature, but it's not like the mail tool is actually broken. The best way to deal with this is to download one of the other email apps - like K9. Issue solved.

nooter99

Reaction score
Ghostwheel, I beg to differ. I have experienced several other problems with yahoo/stock email app. No contact list, inability to add a recipient when composing an email, when sending an email it sometimes sends several dozen copies of said email, etc. etc. The stock email app when being used with yahoo is pretty much useless for me.

AngCor

Reaction score
Hello. Searched this thread to help me with downloading and hopefully forwarding attachments... but since I am fairly new to Droid (about 6 weeks) can anyone clarify the K-9? I searched it on the market and found several... just want to make sure I download the right one. Thank you!!