XOOM may launch with non-working SD card slot

TomXP411

Reaction score
Personally, I like the way the Galaxy Tab handles the external slot. It uses the 16 gigs of internal flash as the SD card, and the external care gets mounted as a subdirectory. Hopefully, MOTO or Google will do something along those lines.

Have you browsed the file system? It appears to me that the Xoom may handle things this way as well

I have. I currently have a 16GB card installed, but there doesn't seem to be any way to access it. No extra folders show up anywhere when I plug it in, and I am not sure what the device name would be - so even if I had a terminal installed, I wouldn't know how to mount it. If you can give some suggestions there, I'll check it out.

cplus

Reaction score
Personally, I like the way the Galaxy Tab handles the external slot. It uses the 16 gigs of internal flash as the SD card, and the external care gets mounted as a subdirectory. Hopefully, MOTO or Google will do something along those lines.

Have you browsed the file system? It appears to me that the Xoom may handle things this way as well

I have. I currently have a 16GB card installed, but there doesn't seem to be any way to access it. No extra folders show up anywhere when I plug it in, and I am not sure what the device name would be - so even if I had a terminal installed, I wouldn't know how to mount it. If you can give some suggestions there, I'll check it out.

card slot wont work until update. you can browse the file system with a gui - Astro File Manager from the market.

TomXP411

Reaction score
card slot wont work until update. you can browse the file system with a gui - Astro File Manager from the market.

I know how to browse the file system. :icon_eek:

What I couldn't figure out is how to manually mount a device. In Unix systems, you mount a drive with the mount command, but to run the mount command, you need a terminal window. I haven't installed a terminal on the Xoom yet, and I'm not even sure one would work without rooting... that's something I need to play with.