XOOM $199 Black Friday

RobClay18838

Reaction score
Yep, convinced my sister to sell her Ipad 2 and pick up this monster. Cant wait to root and see if i cant put ICS on it.

dustinslee

Reaction score
I think its at verizon... But I think it requires a contract.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

capt. dan

Reaction score
Just picked it up this morning for $199. There is a two year contract.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Trev1024

Reaction score
Got mine a couple hours ago!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

William_04_x

Reaction score
Congrats on your new toys! An OTA for ICS will be coming.

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

alwx2

Reaction score
I had been on the fence for couple a months, $199 pushed me over. Ordered from rep at VZW store yesterday. Pickup Monday

capt. dan

Reaction score
After having for one day I am enjoying. My concern is the data package. I have unlimited on my phone and the 2 gig on my xoom. I have only had it a day and am 1/8 through my data and have not done anything but download apps and surf the web a little. I have it connected to my wifi but the 4G is so much faster. I can't see streaming videos and music and stay under the 2 gig. With three phones and one tablet all with data I can't see upgrading the data package because of price. I guess I am just ranting about not having unlimited data on the tablet..

Trev1024

Reaction score
Capt. Dan I bought mine yesterday and did all my downloading on wifi and my data usage didn't budge from where it had been with my galaxy tab. I know that 4g is way faster but until VZW realizes that the tiered data packages won't work for 4g devices I'll stick with wifi. Also if you notice your using more data than you want to while mobile there is an app called "LTE on off" in the market to turn the 4g off and use 3g.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

capt. dan

Reaction score
I am loving the Xoom, so much easier on the eyes than my thunderbolt. It just seems like such a waste of wonderful 4G service to be limited. I don't know what I have been doing on my phone but am close to 4 gig and still have over a week before the end of my billing cycle. I am guessing after a few weeks the downloads will slow down but still have to watch music and videos...

It would be nice to just be able to slide a phone into a tablet similar to a lapdock or connect through Bluetooth.

Nick D

Reaction score
Did anyone else order online through Verizon? I used an upgrade for a MiFi to get the Xoom for my wife for Christmas. When I check my order status it tells me that it is processing, to check back later. Anyone else experiencing the same problem??