Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
if it is not the battery overheating, maybe replace the thermo paste on the cpu. it tends to go bad on laptops.
It's not the battery. It's in the CPU. The cooling fan blows out air so hot you can barely put your hand by it. Sometimes you can't. What's funny is I have nothing set to run at startup and that's when it's the worst. Usually once it's up and going it seems better.... I wonder if replacing that paste would help.... I did have it apart a few years ago and didn't replace it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
then it is the thermo paste on the cpu. laptops tend to get hot anyway and sometimes the thermo paste on it gets old and needs to be replaced. that happened on two of my laptops and once the paste was replaced, it cooled things down quite a bit. it is worth a shot, if you like taking laptops a part.

anyway now back to the regularly scheduled topic.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds like most here don't surf the internet using computers.
Yep, I do. Quite often. But I use Chrome on everything, my phone, my tablet, my personal PC and my work PC. All bookmarks and history is synced between all of them so I can easily get to where I need to go, or a website I was looking at previously.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Yep, I do. Quite often. But I use Chrome on everything, my phone, my tablet, my personal PC and my work PC. All bookmarks and history is synced between all of them so I can easily get to where I need to go, or a website I was looking at previously.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

used to be able to do that with xmarks, everything was sync between all my computers and devices, and tabs were saved no matter the browser. hopefully the new one I am testing will be just as good. I use firefox and chrome, mostly use chrome from video playing since firefox linux still cannot play all the streaming services.