Deleting bookmarks

brianbags

Reaction score
So i got the phone yesterday...tbh, pretty bad first impressions. Hopefully it just takes some getting used to after using my iPod for all this stuff the past few years.

But something that's annoying me, did Verizon REALLY put bookmarks in your browser that can't be deleted? When i add some I get the option, but ones like converge.vzwwap.com I don't. I do NOT want that random crap clogging up my bookmarks.

Does anyone have a solution to this or is that just how it is?

droidman101

Reaction score
Longpress and it gives you an option box. Scroll down it and near the bottom it says delete

OP
B

brianbags

Reaction score
Longpress and it gives you an option box. Scroll down it and near the bottom it says delete

Yes, when I do that for the one i listed above (crap filler), I only get six options. Delete or edit is not one of them, but it is for the others like Facebook and the one i added.

qoncept

Reaction score
+1. Motorola made some pretty stupid decisions with the Droid X interface. How do we delete bookmarks???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait a second. When you long press on the bookmark it doesn't delete it?

Is that what you're saying because someone else responded differently?

OP
B

brianbags

Reaction score
Wait a second. When you long press on the bookmark it doesn't delete it?

Is that what you're saying because someone else responded differently?

Not on the stock browser. Certain bookmarks don't have the option. But I can delete them in some of the browsers in the market.

qoncept

Reaction score
+1 Brian. I tried again and some bookmarks you can delete, others you can't. I'm stuck with Verizon and Google and deleted all the rest.

White Sox David

Reaction score
Reading these streams, I don't know if I'm in the right place. I just need to know some basic things regarding what I thought would be a simple task (and it probably is) such as... I want to delete certain bookmarks that no longer need/want. I don't want to eliminate the entire bookmark page, just items that do not need to be there. HELP!

I love this Android, and I'd rather use it for what it was intended for (for my purposes), but I just can't find any way to perform simple tasks that one would/can do on their computer.

Thanks, and... HOW 'BOUT 'DEM WHITE SOX!

firecoach

Reaction score
You go to the bookmark page, go to the bookmark you want to delete. Hold down the bookmark until the menu pops up. It will look like it only gives you 3 options but you can scroll down and get additional options and one is delete bookmark.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Planet38

Reaction score
You go to the bookmark page, go to the bookmark you want to delete. Hold down the bookmark until the menu pops up. It will look like it only gives you 3 options but you can scroll down and get additional options and one is delete bookmark.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

This does not work for me on the Droid X. I at one point could see tabs on the bookmarks page but now that I updated to 2.33, only the word Bookmark is at the top of the Bookmarks page, there are no tabs.

When I press long (up to 15secs - by stopwatch not just counting to 15) absolutely nothing happens. When I release, the bookmark then shows up on the desktop homepage. If I long press on it then, I can send it to the trashcan, or move it or size it, but not completely delete it. (I don't want to clear all bookmarks just the ones I no longer need.)

Here are the steps I take:

1. Long press on desktop homepage
2. Select Shortcuts
3. Select Bookmark (Bookmarks page appears)
4. Pressing on the Settings button only brings up the keyboard on the Bookmarks page
5. Long pressing on any of the bookmarks on the Bookmarks page? See above paragraph.

What am I doing wrong that I can't delete old, no longer needed bookmarks?