X2 update

tnronin

Reaction score
My verizon update keeps failing is it possible to get a list of bloatware? When I rooted my phone I deleted a bunch of stuff. Or is the verizon update worth messing with? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2

stylekimchee

Reaction score
You should sbf back to stock, this same subsection of the forum has a tutorial how to do it. You can pm me if you have questions.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would just use roms. But yes its failing cuz you changed system files. If you really want the update then yes sbf to stock.

stylekimchee

Reaction score
I agree with using roms, try Cyanogenmod as long as you don't use your hdmi port or the car dock(those are what I have noticed missing). Besides those, the phone has an amazing battery life now.. I switched cameras from the eclipse Rom onto here just to put the icing on my cake. Good luck!

amg3467

Reaction score
It does have a car dock but it sucks. I downloaded car home ultra. It rocks

ajboots

Reaction score
Worth it?

Since I've never SBF'ed, does anyone have a list of supposed benefits of the update?

stylekimchee

Reaction score
Why do you want tweaks if you are sbfing? Are you planning on an sbf then update to 2.3.5? I hear it breaks root so you need to use zerg rush; and has minor "stability adjustments". Nothing drastic or worth while.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

ajboots

Reaction score
Why do you want tweaks if you are sbfing? Are you planning on an sbf then update to 2.3.5? I hear it breaks root so you need to use zerg rush; and has minor "stability adjustments". Nothing drastic or worth while.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

Thanx. Minor stability adjustments not worth breaking root.