X and full website?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the stock browser enter about:config in the address bar and press Go. Then go to the browser settings and you will see UAString. Change this to desktop/computer to see full sites. Unfortunately, this setting does not stick and you'll have to do it every time the browser opens.

For this reason, and because the stock browser doesn't have tabs, I use Dolphin HD. xScope is another good one. In Dolphin HD I like to turn off "Open page in overview".

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
DX stock browser does have tabs.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh I get ya, yeah sorry. So the Dolphin has actually tabs like Firefox or IE7 that you can scroll through without going to another window?

KevinWP

Reaction score
"about:config" did not work in my standard Dx browser....

/me looks around to see if the other kids are doing something extra to make it work...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
It might be about:debug

After you press Go, it won't do anything noticeable. You have to go to the browser settings and scroll down. If it doesn't work, try typing it in again and pressing Go.

And I've only tried that on the original droid, so who knows?

Yes, Dolphin HD and xScope have real honest to goodness tabs. The stock browser implementation is OK, but it takes one extra step to see the list of windows which can get old after a while...especially if you use a browser with tabs.

KevinWP

Reaction score
Neither...

about:config
about_:config
about:debug
nor
about_:debug

brought up any dialog or configuration choice on the DX Browser on a .604 system installation

KevinWP

Reaction score
Aminaked -
Thanks.. went an re-read and realized my error. I was expeccting a similar to firefox experience and never completed the later steps.

Enter about:config in browser address bar
Select 'Go'
> Menu Button
>>Settings
>>>Scroll all the way down (notice lots of new options go by)
>>>>Find UAString as the last item. Choose 'UAString'
>>>>>Now select between 'Android', Desktop' or 'iPhone'.

This process works, I just didn't understand it the first time (Which is why I was looking around to see what i missed).

Thanks so much for tapping me with the clue stick!

- Kevin

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, I actually responded with kind of a rude response and deleted it...something about going back and re-reading what I had posted.

Anyway, I never use the stock browser. I like tabs and I don't want to have to go through about:config all the time just to see full web sites.

KevinWP

Reaction score
No Problems... Just a light tap... not even a knot on my head from it.

Cheers!

- Kevin