WugFreshToolkit Updated Now Supports Root For Android 7.0 Nougat!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Rooting Nougat can be a bit confusing. It isn't as simple as just flashing the latest SuperSU in TWRP. If you aren't comfortable with rooting Nougat no worries Wugfresh has got you covered with his latest update to the Nexus Root Toolkit. If you already have the toolkit installed on your PC just open it and it will automatically suggest the update. Once you have updated you will see options for installing TWRP and rooting Nougat on your Nexus device! If you are not yet running Nougat on your device there are also options for installing the official update with a single click. Head to the link below to grab this on your device.

via wugfresh

Reaction score
Ditto on that. I'm on Pure Nexus unrooted. No reason to root.

I love just knowing the fact that the 6P is so open. While all other phones have to jump through hoops to unlock this or that, we have a one click solution just days after release.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've used my phone for the past 6 months rooted, accumulating data within the apps, and backing it up regularly via Titanium. Now, I'm ready to go to Nougat or go to the latest build of Marshmallow. How am I going to get all my data back from those apps without Root? Google doesn't save the data for you on Drive. Also, I have apps like BusyBox Pro, ForceDoze, Nandroid Manager, ROM Toolbox Pro, and Xposed that need Root. Some issues with how Marshmallow redraws images on the screen was fixed with Nova Launcher, because it has Root access. I can also circumvent the checks needed by my carrier to tether my phone to a computer every now and again.

C'mon. Living without root is not living. ;)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
All my apps are cloud backup except acar. I backup that manually. I can recover from an FDR in about an hour.

werespawn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
sony z2, iphone6, lg nexus
are there any apps other than google photos to take backup for photos?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
are there any apps other than google photos to take backup for photos?

Onedrive will backup your photos. Just install, then look in the settings. I think you get 10 extra gig for photos, and everything else when you start.