Wrong Ringtone

DroidFan

Reaction score
I did a search & couldn't find this issue...

I have custom ringtones for my most common incoming calls so I don't have to wonder while driving who's calling me. As of lately, someone will call me but the assigned ringtone isn't the one playing. I'll go back into their contact after the call is completed & it will display the correct ringtone assigned.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix?

Thabks in advance!

K

kasey535

Thanks 4 posting this I am having the SAME problem. So Ur not alone.

OP
DroidFan

DroidFan

Reaction score
Glad to know it's not only me, but I would still like to know how to resolve this..

Hopefully with the 12/11 OTA update it'll help?!

Redls1bird

Reaction score
I have not had that exact problem, however, i did receive a text message that was shown from the sender, but was listed under the correct senders thread. Really weird.

Zippster

Reaction score
Any of you running handcent? I installed it and now it shows different available ringtones vs the stock, I can still use the stock by going in the normal way, but when using handcent, their all different, including 2 versions of DROID, one quiet and one normal.

OP
DroidFan

DroidFan

Reaction score
Hmmm. I have handcemt too but. I never noticed the different ringtones. I'll have to check that out.

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
this appears to be a known issue. guess all you can hope for is a patch in the near future to address it.

OP
DroidFan

DroidFan

Reaction score
this appears to be a known issue. guess all you can hope for is a patch in the near future to address it.

Thanks for the feedback on this... didn't know it was a known problem as I couldn't find any other posts on it. I'll hope the OTA patch on 12/11 will resolve it. *fingers crossed*