Wp7 rom?

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
I was wondering if there's any way to possibly get a wp7 rom for the Droid 2. Maybe contact some devolpers about it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I know it's not quite the same but there is some home launcher app in the market that looks like it.

Sent from my Liberated&Remixed D2

666ogre666

Reaction score
This will never ever ever ever ever happen, for a variety of reasons but the most obvious is that WP7 is a closed source operating system which will only run on a snapdragon processor, as opposed to the droid 2's OMAP.
There are like a dozen more reasons too.

Your question is bad and you should feel bad.

Are serious, was that last part necessary. Its just a simple question, no need to insult the guy.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

666ogre666

Reaction score
So you should have said that in the first place, there's no point in virtually insulting people over something as trivial as this. Its not hard to not be a d bag

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

AlexSB

Reaction score
Look up "Android Phone 7" on Google, there's a couple of themes which ppl have done and alot of them have step by step processes, I think it may require launcher pro plus, you might wanna read up on their posts.

And don't feel bad for asking. Remember one person's opinion isn't the voice/manner of the community.

Liberated Droid II

phrozen087

Reaction score
I think about the closest you are going to get at this point is using the Metro UI apps from BitMod Dev on the market. I haven't personally tried any of them but I have heard they aren't bad and do the best job at emulating parts of Win 7.

There are 2 main reasons I don't think this will ever end up on a droid 2. I would question whether it can only be run on 1 type of processor because they are both Arm v7 frameworks and people have managed to hook a lot of things onto different processors in the past. The main problem would most likely be the locked bootloader on the Droid 2. I would imagine a different kernel would be required to boot Win 7. The second reason is that you would need a dev who really likes Win Phone 7 and also has a Droid 2 and is willing to give it a shot. I think even is the bootloader was unlocked you would have a difficult time finding a dev that is good enough to actually do this and fits the second reason.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
I am sure a windows phone can run android so the processor thing may not be true but bootloader thing may be a different story.

Sent from my Liberated&Remixed D2

OP
T

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
Idk what was said but thanks, im goin to look the themes up now.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cron666

Reaction score
Yes it can be done, but not until the bootloader is freed up. Android devices are simply linux embedded devices. Android is a flavor of linux. These devices are also designed with linux in mind, using more open-friendly components. That means less proprietary hardware.

Yes the kernel would have to b different, because windows can only run on a windows kernel. Yes kids, widows has one too. The main issue with that is configuring the win kernel to work on this hardware, plus the drivers needed. And yes these devices have drivers.

It would still be a major pushup for even the most experienced dev. I don't see it happening. Ever. But it is possible.

$ent from a DeRezzed Droid2

lbarllcodel

Reaction score
Wp7 rom-ish

If you have not yet, install liberty 2.0.1. Then flash to the (Black Gingerbread) rom in the list on the liberty app. Download (7 launcher) from Droid Market. Go in to app management in, liberty app then remove (Launcher 2). This will be as close as it gets for you. No WP7 apps, but really, why wood you want that OS any how its not great by any means.. This setup is fast and fairy easy to configure.