Worth waiting for Quad Core?

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I don't see any where that indicates the Gnex will have a removal battery? Anyone?
If it does, I might pull the trigger, otherwise I'll brew happy thoughts with my bionic waiting on second gen quad cores... With 3D stereoscopic screens :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Go to 1:55 and there is your proof.

[video=youtube;q-lUQ0fDFpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-lUQ0fDFpY[/video]

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1. Quad. Core phones are the future in performance. Development and stunning graphics... and battery conservation. Period. Gnex will be an amazing phone.. but it isnt going to be leaps and bounds ahead of any of the dualcore lte phone. Infact other than the unlocked bootloader and ics.. (which all dualcore lte phones will get... ) the performance increased will barely be noticeable .. specially with overclocking on bionic and rzr very close.. its all hype.... specially cuz it dont even have removable storage and 5mp cam.. ffc problems. cant remove google widget. Volume problems and no flash on ics yet.. cant wait till bionic patch drops and [mbm] releases his masterpiece and we can do all on bionic that we could dx. :)

FFC Has no problem, was one user with a faulty piece of hardware in the UK.

You can remove the Google widget, that's why the Nexus is important to us because you can unlock it and do anything you wish.

The volume problem has already been resolved and the update is being released asap according to Google. Plus it was only occurring on the GSM version, wouldn't have affected us.

Adobe already released a statement that they would be releasing flash for ICS.

Any other nonsense you'd like to see debunked?

alboboy10

Reaction score
+1. Quad. Core phones are the future in performance. Development and stunning graphics... and battery conservation. Period. Gnex will be an amazing phone.. but it isnt going to be leaps and bounds ahead of any of the dualcore lte phone. Infact other than the unlocked bootloader and ics.. (which all dualcore lte phones will get... ) the performance increased will barely be noticeable .. specially with overclocking on bionic and rzr very close.. its all hype.... specially cuz it dont even have removable storage and 5mp cam.. ffc problems. cant remove google widget. Volume problems and no flash on ics yet.. cant wait till bionic patch drops and [mbm] releases his masterpiece and we can do all on bionic that we could dx. :)

I'd be mad too if I got the bionic just before the nexus came out...I feel your pain. :(

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
FFC Has no problem, was one user with a faulty piece of hardware in the UK.

You can remove the Google widget, that's why the Nexus is important to us because you can unlock it and do anything you wish.

The volume problem has already been resolved and the update is being released asap according to Google. Plus it was only occurring on the GSM version, wouldn't have affected us.

Adobe already released a statement that they would be releasing flash for ICS.

Any other nonsense you'd like to see debunked?

To add to this:

Mass Storage will also be enabled in the future.

USB Mounting has been achieved.

This is going to be as stellar of a device as it gets. What more could people want from a Nexus device? Devs will fix any imperfections as some have already done with an Auto-brightness patch and UI tweaks and mods. If you're using your upgrade THIS is the device to use it on. It's the next best thing from the OG Droid as far as what development is going to be like.

proangler

Reaction score
We will know a lot about what the Tegra 3 can do in a couple weeks when we get says transformer prime. It will cone with honey comb and a direct upgrade to ICS upon release.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
We will know a lot about what the Tegra 3 can do in a couple weeks when we get says transformer prime. It will cone with honey comb and a direct upgrade to ICS upon release.

And I will find out :sly:, I held out on a tablet purchase but must have the Prime.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
transformer prime delayed!!!!!!!!

apparently some yahoo that does kernels or something is sueing for an injuction against it because they used his online handle in the name..

sorry.... Update

apparently this prime guy does not work with apple so it was already tossed out of court.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

apparently some yahoo that does kernels or something is sueing for an injuction against it because they used his online handle in the name..

sorry.... Update

apparently this prime guy does not work with apple so it was already tossed out of court.

That SOB is on my pooplist.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

sorry.... Update

When I find this guy I'm going to smudge his Puma.

jt1359

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, but based upon this article, it seems like the quad core phones could have better battery life while active when compared to dual core phones. According to this article, it does so by saving power through the backlight diplay.
Nvidia Reveals NEW Tegra 3 Battery Saving Technology: DIDIM – Reduces Display Power Consumption
I'm still getting the Nexus I think, as long as the phone lasts me through the day I'm fine with it. But this is definitely something to consider.