Worth waiting for Quad Core?

satriani72

Reaction score
Will all of the GN hype, I can't help but wonder how long it will take for this phone to be considered old news. With the new Quad Cores supposedly around the corner, when do you think the next Nexus device will be released and is it worth waiting for a Quad Core Nexus? I do like the vanilla Android experience on these devices. Is there any reason to pass on the GN?

GoBears

Reaction score
I wouldn't wait. It's taking a long time to get things optimized for two cores. If you keep waiting, you'll never get a new device. There's always something bigger and badder just around the corner.

mzjin

Reaction score
Will all of the GN hype, I can't help but wonder how long it will take for this phone to be considered old news. With the new Quad Cores supposedly around the corner, when do you think the next Nexus device will be released and is it worth waiting for a Quad Core Nexus? I do like the vanilla Android experience on these devices. Is there any reason to pass on the GN?

Quad Core? Laptops don't even need Quad Core. Your handheld certainly doesn't either.

Maybe if the GPU catches up to the iPHone 4S ....

Creed

Reaction score
ICS isn't optimized for quad core so there really is no point to wait for a quad core phone since it won't be drastically better until the next major android upgrade (5.0) if not later.

doublea500

Reaction score
ICS isn't optimized for quad core so there really is no point to wait for a quad core phone since it won't be drastically better until the next major android upgrade (5.0) if not later.

5.0 is gonna be awesome :happy:

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Yeah, trying to buy a future-proof phone on a two year contract is not a good idea. Quad Cores are not going to be useful over the next year at least, probably not over the next two years. The Nexus should be a good, supported phone for the full two years.

Pleirosei

Reaction score

Its based on opinion. I will still get one. This phone will be the best phone supported by the dev community

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
CES is just around the corner. Like less then than 2 months away. So why not just wait? It's not like the Nexus is going anywhere.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quad core is going to be a waste at this point. Honestly, you're not going to tell much difference between dual core and quad core, except for benchmarks, which are useless except for people with egos. Anyway, no, quad core is not worth the wait.

OP
S

satriani72

Reaction score
CES is just around the corner. Like less then than 2 months away. So why not just wait? It's not like the Nexus is going anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas what to expect at the CES this year?

DamirD1984

Reaction score

and why just not wait for anything else after it?

You will never win at the waiting game... ever... always something faster, bigger, newer is coming out...

Key is, get what you can at the current time... that will carry you for at least the next two years... so right now, between the Bionic, Razr, Rezound, you can't go wrong either way...

Those who wish to wait, can get the SGN in December, and those hardcore hardware keyboard fanatics, might get their shot as well at the Droid 4...

Last edited:

Htown315

Reaction score
The first quads are going to be useless until apps/os are written to utilize four cores. Dual core isn't even being taken full advantage of yet. Gnex ftw

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't think quadcore will matter so soon, maybe only in the middle of 2012. Quad-core would be too much power