Worth reading

Human_Droid

Reaction score
So I just installed my extended battery. This is after using the stock one for about a month. It now seems way faster... I know the battery specs are out of the recommended range for the hardware so could this be a clue as to why soo many Bionics are acting like dirt?

EDIT: will update after a few weeks use.

yiannis

Reaction score
Mine also fatter. This is a good thread for a friday evening.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Subscibes

I actually like mine a little heavier, reminds me of the OG

Besides, the bigger the cushion, the better the pushin....

FuturePrimitive

Reaction score
So I just installed my extended battery. This is after using the stock one for about a month. It now seems way faster... I know the battery specs are out of the recommended range for the hardware so could this be a clue as to why soo many Bionics are acting like dirt?
The battery will have NO effect on speed, its just not possible. It would be like thinking your car got faster because you installed a larger gas tank. That being said, when was the last time you restarted your phone before you put in the extended battery? Its likely your phone seemed slower because of a lot of running background apps/and or a memory leak somewhere.

Not to stir the pot but, where are all these Bionics that are acting like dirt? I've seen complaints about the camera, the pentile screen (made a few about that one myself), and high data consumption. I don't recall seeing much about stock Bionics actually running slow.

Mine has been fantastic on either battery, perceived "speed" is the same, all stock (for now) with all "bloatware" still installed too. Once I learned how to manage background data traffic my battery life is greatly improved. After trying many different settings and apps the only thing I ended up having to do was enable "Maximum Battery saver" under Settings->Battery Mode. All that does is turn off data connection after 15 minutes of screen off. As soon as you power the screen on the connection is reestablished and background data resumes and syncs everything. It only takes ~2-3 seconds to reestablish the connection, half of which I spend trying to unlock the screen! (Stupid fumbly fingers and pattern lock! :biggrin: )

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Mine has been running horrible. I'll go to text something and it goes to two different people. 99% of the time when I go to write a status update in FB via Dolphin Mini, under mobile, and at the default user agent, I'll have the faint text like 'Compose Message' in the text field which is normally there when you begin to text someone and then anything I write will not show up at all. I'll go to write something in 'Life Reminders' and the same thing like FB will happen. This is even RIGHT after a SBF reset, using the stock browser, using the Market Facebook app. I've gone to write a text to someone and the last thing I wrote in Note Everything will show up in the text even before I write anything.

I've trouble shot my own PC problems and built my own machines for the past 10 yrs.. I am not saying I'm an expert at anything I'm just saying I have a high tolerance for things failing or going wrong. I don't run back to the store when something tiny or simple goes wrong. I like the Bionic and I want to keep it.

My point about the battery was not speed. In a review I read somewhere... maybe Anandtech's early review the reviewer stated the battery was out of spec-tolerance for the device.. I'm not sure exactly but this can theoretically cause problems with the device and to the battery itself. It's a long shot I know but the problems I'm having are ridiculous. And when it started running fine after I installed the extended battery the problems I mentioned didn't show up for a day...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does maximum battery saver stop instant messages? How about chat programs like imo?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Does maximum battery saver stop instant messages? How about chat programs like imo?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I don't think so. Unless you use the task manager and select the app to turn off 2 minute after the screen goes out it should keep "open/running" Not 100% though on that.

FuturePrimitive

Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by "instant messages". Text messages will not be stopped by max battery saver, however IMs through imo or Google Talk or other internet based chats will not function if the data connection is off. If that's a requirement for you then max battery saver probably won't work in your situation.