Worth reading

FuturePrimitive

Reaction score
Mine has been running horrible. I'll go to text something and it goes to two different people. 99% of the time when I go to write a status update in FB via Dolphin Mini, under mobile, and at the default user agent, I'll have the faint text like 'Compose Message' in the text field which is normally there when you begin to text someone and then anything I write will not show up at all. I'll go to write something in 'Life Reminders' and the same thing like FB will happen. This is even RIGHT after a SBF reset, using the stock browser, using the Market Facebook app. I've gone to write a text to someone and the last thing I wrote in Note Everything will show up in the text even before I write anything.
Yea, that is definitely abnormal behavior, I have not seen anything like that on my phone. I don't use Dolphin and I only use the FB app to access FB but even still, that is really odd. Do you have a 3rd party keyboard installed? It sounds like an input issue. I have had odd input things happen on my Xoom when using 3rd party keyboards but so far not on my Bionic.

And my apologies for missing your point in the OP, it sounded like speed was the issue.

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Thank you. I see you were genuinely interested in what was going on here so no big deal :)

And thank you for your input. It quite possibly may be the keyboard app. Who knows.

I hope things get resolved with the next update. Until then I'm going to keep faith and tool with it here and there and see what happens.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine has been running horrible. I'll go to text something and it goes to two different people. 99% of the time when I go to write a status update in FB via Dolphin Mini, under mobile, and at the default user agent, I'll have the faint text like 'Compose Message' in the text field which is normally there when you begin to text someone and then anything I write will not show up at all. I'll go to write something in 'Life Reminders' and the same thing like FB will happen. This is even RIGHT after a SBF reset, using the stock browser, using the Market Facebook app. I've gone to write a text to someone and the last thing I wrote in Note Everything will show up in the text even before I write anything.

I've trouble shot my own PC problems and built my own machines for the past 10 yrs.. I am not saying I'm an expert at anything I'm just saying I have a high tolerance for things failing or going wrong. I don't run back to the store when something tiny or simple goes wrong. I like the Bionic and I want to keep it.

My point about the battery was not speed. In a review I read somewhere... maybe Anandtech's early review the reviewer stated the battery was out of spec-tolerance for the device.. I'm not sure exactly but this can theoretically cause problems with the device and to the battery itself. It's a long shot I know but the problems I'm having are ridiculous. And when it started running fine after I installed the extended battery the problems I mentioned didn't show up for a day...

2 points:
1. That was happening with my original D3. I would type in the field and nothing would be there, then hit send, and it would send the message with the actual text in tact. (this phone also restarted if you closed the keyboard)

2. I agree with the battery issue. I haven't read the Anandtech review, but I do agree that if a processor or device is not getting the appropriate power (meaning voltage as well as amperage) it will not perform in the optimum range. While I'm not privy on the specific requirements of the OMAP processor, I can see and trust that Anandtech has done their homework. However, I'm sure that Motorola has done their due diligence in providing us with a device that will perform with the materials provided.

OP
H

Human_Droid

Reaction score
I did have Smart Keyboard Pro installed. Disabled it and tried the default Swype and it was a little better. But I still had a similar problem when inputting text.

I wish there was a way to test the hardware.. I tried some of the stability tests and they are not as robust as I was hoping..

I think I do have a 1yr warranty with it from Verizon.. I should drop assurion to save the ~ 100$ for insurance

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The warranty that comes with it covers defects. The Verizon one covers stolen, dropped etc...