Won't Pair w/ LG Bluetooth Headset - wtf?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by leemccarthyn, Mar 4, 2019.

1. leemccarthyn

leemccarthyn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    SamSung
    Got my Droid back in December, had an LG HBM 770 for a year or two before that. Originally the headset worked just fine w/ my Droid.

A week ago I got a replacement Droid (faulty headphone jack). I don't use my headset very often, and the first time I tried it, it acted a bit funny w/ the new phone - took a LONG time to connect to the phone. But no big deal, I never actually did any setup or anything, just turned it on and everything was automatic.

So today I go to use the headset and it won't connect. No matter how much I go thru the menu and choose my headset, it says it's paired but won't connect. So, maybe stupidly, I unpair the headset thinking I'll just start from scratch... Well, now the phone can't even see the headset, acts as if it's not even there. I used both pairing modes for the headset, made sure it was charged, turned the phone off/on, turned bluetooth off/on.... nothing I'm doing is working so either somethings busted or I'm missing something.

Any suggestions?

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,034
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    Welcome to the Forum. When you say Droid, are you referring to a Motorola Droid, the phone from 2009? Or a newer model Moto Droid (Droid Z Play, Droid Z Force, Droid Turbo 2, etc)? Or are you using Droid to refer to an Android phone? What is the model of your current phone? That may help folks provide some troubleshooting, if they knew the model of the phone (since Android Settings menus have changed a lot over the years and vary from one manufacturer to another).