Wireless Tether 2.02 WEP problems

D

derek71

Hello,

I have rooted my Droid X and have ApeX 1.4.1 installed. I want to use Wireless Tether, though I am having problems getting wireless encryption working with my notebooks wireless.

I am able to get a connection with an open network though when I add encryption to both the PC and phone I can no longer get tethering to work.

I wondered if there was something in the setup of the phone wireless or Wireless Tether that I may be missing?

What apps might interfere with Wireless Tether?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Once you've created a WEP encryption password on the phone start the tethering. Then on your computer click on rescan in the wireless program. Click on the Droid tether (or whatever your computer calls it) then activate the new connection. It should ask for the password then. I'm wondering if maybe after creating the password the computer is still trying to connect to the unsecured old connection.

I don't know of any apps that would interfere with the wireless tether.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Zone, which ROM are you using? You can check the developers website or maybe their forum here in droidforums to see what kernels are available for your ROM and phone. I don't know enough to say for sure its the kernel that has a netfilter in it...sorry.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums