Wired dual shock for Nexus

GZ20TT

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone tried this type of Dual-shock type gamepad with a Galaxy Nexus?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-Dual-...&_qi=RTM760939

I am wondering if I can use it to play Dead Trigger/Shadowgun/MW3 etc. with the analogue sticks.
It would just involve keyboard mapping on some games - but I think Dead Trigger has it natively.

I know that we have the six-axis app/PS3 controller (official only?) combo - but I don't have a PS3 and aren't willing to part with the $50 or so for one just to play phone games. I'm also hoping that if it works on the G-Nex that I could also use it on the Nexus 7 I hope to get for my father's day gift.
(Before you ask - I'm in Australia and we have our Father's day at quite different day to the rest of the world)

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone tried this type of Dual-shock type gamepad with a Galaxy Nexus?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-Dual-...&_qi=RTM760939

I am wondering if I can use it to play Dead Trigger/Shadowgun/MW3 etc. with the analogue sticks.
It would just involve keyboard mapping on some games - but I think Dead Trigger has it natively.

I know that we have the six-axis app/PS3 controller (official only?) combo - but I don't have a PS3 and aren't willing to part with the $50 or so for one just to play phone games. I'm also hoping that if it works on the G-Nex that I could also use it on the Nexus 7 I hope to get for my father's day gift.
(Before you ask - I'm in Australia and we have our Father's day at quite different day to the rest of the world)

Generally speaking most USB controllers should work as long as they don't require a special driver.

A bit of google-fu turned up what looks to be the same controller, working on the N7 with some slight quirks (which the user finds fixes to it looks like). xda-developers - View Single Post - Cheap game controller for Nexus 7?

OP
G

GZ20TT

Reaction score
Generally speaking most USB controllers should work as long as they don't require a special driver.

A bit of google-fu turned up what looks to be the same controller, working on the N7 with some slight quirks (which the user finds fixes to it looks like). xda-developers - View Single Post - Cheap game controller for Nexus 7?

Thankyou Very Much.

I'd tried a bunch of different searches around wired controllers on Google, XDA search and searching here without turning anything up.

I bow to your mastery of google-fu :)

Hopefully - I can emulate the guy who used a file explorer to just dump the single required file into the system directory and get it to work.

Cheers!