Windows 7 sync issues

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi, my Rezound syncs with my laptop which runs windows vista, but on my desktop which runs windows 7, I keep getting this message that the device is not recognized, what gives.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did the driver download, but not the usb debuging thing, will try it, thanks.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
No luck, same windows message, HTC sync is open and it says no device connected, this only happens on my win 7 PC, vista works fine.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya win7 can/is a pain in butt for me when it comes to drivers and android devices. Try connecting the device to the PC and reboot the device with it connected and see if the drivers auto-install

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crap, had this happen to me, I got it fixed, but can't remember how I fixed it... how much help I am...

At least I got it fixed, so you know it works lol, try repair/re-install of the HTC Sync app.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It shows in my device manager under unspecified devices "Android Phone" really, is that what the device is, you could have fooled me:frown:, now on my Laptop ruinning Vista all I did was just plug the phone in and it picked it up right away like my previous Incredible, no need to download this new HTC Sync software, the reason I want to sync my Rezound to my Desktop is that I have a bunch of movies that I have burned using DVD Catalyst, and want to transfer them to my SD Card, this is really absurd, how f hard can it be to make a sync software that works universally.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ya win7 can/is a pain in butt for me when it comes to drivers and android devices. Try connecting the device to the PC and reboot the device with it connected and see if the drivers auto-install
Tried it, no luck. this is just wasting valuable time from my life.:frown:

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crap, had this happen to me, I got it fixed, but can't remember how I fixed it... how much help I am...

At least I got it fixed, so you know it works lol, try repair/re-install of the HTC Sync app.
Try to remember young grass hopper:)

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone for trying to help me out with this issue, much appreciated for taking your time.