Cant log in to Droid Forums from 1 cpu

krus_2

Reaction score
Hello,

I can't log into droidforums.net from my desktop but I can from my laptop, tablet and DROID. I keep getting an incorrect password error when I try from my desktop. Anyone have any ideas why this may be?

In case this helps:
Desktop: Windows 7 Ultimate
Laptop: Windows Vista/Linux Mint
Tablet: Windows 7 Ultimate
DROID: Ultimate Droid v9

BigTex71

Reaction score
CAPS LOCK? Open Notepad on that computer and ensure all your keys for the characters in your password are functioning properly. Also, make sure there is not a space in front or behind your username.

xliderider

Reaction score
CAPS LOCK? Open Notepad on that computer and ensure all your keys for the characters in your password are functioning properly. Also, make sure there is not a space in front or behind your username.

Have you tried different browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari) with similar results? In addition to the above advice, I can only think of clearing your browser cache/history and maybe a reboot?

OP
K

krus_2

Reaction score
Caps lock is off and all characters are correct.

I will try to use a different browser tonight and see what happens.

Thanks

OP
K

krus_2

Reaction score
Or you were a bad boy and got your IP banned from that computer. :icon_eek:

Can't imagine why I would get my IP banned. I only have 12 total posts and none of them seem to be offensive as far as I can tell. Besides wouldn't it make more sense to ban my user ID?

I sure hope your not right because I love this site. I'm on it everyday.

mantis5

Reaction score
Try clearing your cache and cookies and restarting, as xliderider suggested, that could very well solve the issue.

Droids

Reaction score
It's a corrupted cookie. I've had it happen 3 times, and the last time it was bad on FF, IE, and even the droid, all at once. Personally I think it's an issue on the web server that's corrupting them. Delete the one cookie or all cookies and you'll be good.

dadamsx

Reaction score
I had this problem recently....

On the PW reset email there's an explanation for this issue...it was covered here by the users though.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I can't log into droidforums.net from my desktop but I can from my laptop, tablet and DROID. I keep getting an incorrect password error when I try from my desktop. Anyone have any ideas why this may be?

In case this helps:
Desktop: Windows 7 Ultimate
Laptop: Windows Vista/Linux Mint
Tablet: Windows 7 Ultimate
DROID: Ultimate Droid v9

empty your cache, delete cookies, log out of forum if your are logged in, restart your computer and log in, you should have no problems.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I was having this very same issue, i tried mozilla, ie, and chrome got nothing. Tried it with opera browser for the PC and BOOOOOOM!!! im in :) guess this will be the only site i use with opera for the pc :)