Will Swype ever get fixed for JB?

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Half the time I cannot use Swype because it capitalizes every word. Happens on most websites and it is very annoying to have to keep switching entry methods.

Never had a problem on ICS.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Works great with my S3 on JB. Have you tried clearing the app cache, force stop and restarting it?

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Cleared cache and restarted phone, no improvement.

In fact it messed it up more, would substitute works as I typed letters.

But right now trying Google keyboard... like it!

Last edited:

maomao

Reaction score
Same problem here. Not only does (1) every word get capped, but (2) there's no auto-spacing.

I wondered if it was because VZW's jb is incompatible with most site's formatting. NO clearing the cache never helps. Could do that every, wouldn't know the diff.

Plus several other, well, if i didn't have an eBay phone I'd be tempted to drop it. Oops.

Oh gawd no. Not the go back to to the Google keyboard thing? Can i just die instead? i hate it.

Would it help if vzw really upgraded jb all the way to 4.2.x?

Last edited:

maomao

Reaction score
@RAZRmax, just read your later post. My RAZR does same thing. This is hellish. When i click on an offered word choice, (the option s set in preferences) as i'm typing, instead of replacing the word i am currently keying in with this alternate word, it either (a) jumps to the start of the text field, or (b) replaces other text.

The other text may be (i) part of a word early in text or (ii) parts of two words because it overlapped both of them.

devdeuce

Reaction score
If you buy the Swype app, all problems should go away. It sucks to have to spend money for something that worked fine before, but it the app does work better.

moset

Reaction score
Buying it didn't help me. The system version that came with RAZR is still better IMHO, but Google keyboard is looking pretty good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

devdeuce

Reaction score
I'm sure you did this, but just to be sure, after purchasing you need to set the purchased app as the default. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, which I'm sure I am but better safe than... I have a razr and the app works perfectly but I had those exact same problems before purchasing.