ICS Swype not capitalizing the letter "i"

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
Since I upgraded to ICS I've been having an issue with Swype. It's not enough to make me stop using it, but it's really annoying. Basically, when the letter "i" is used as a pronoun, it should auto-capitalize, but it doesn't. I haven't figured out how to fix this and it's really frustrating. I'm not a grammar Nazi, but I hate having to force my phone to use proper grammar. Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to fix it?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, it's a bummer and I don't know why it does it, but you can tap next to the letter and it will give you the choice of the capital I. It may have something to do with the accuracy setting. I have to play around with it when I have a half hour to kill.

OP
HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
I know I can force it, but I shouldn't have to, it sucks and hopefully it'll be addressed in an update...soon.

BaSHa

Reaction score
It's funny how annoying little things like that can become!

johnbits

Reaction score
This seems to have started after the upgrade to ICS--I don't think it was that way before. In any case, the easiest way is not to use the alternate words by highlighting the lower-case "i", but rather to just swype up past the keyboard or down to the space bar after entering the "i" (per Swype tips). Still allows continuous motion.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Or switch to Slide-it. much nicer than Swype.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

SunsNut

Reaction score
In spite of settings telling it to automatically put a period if you tap the space twice and to auto capitalize mine is not doing it (along with the "i" mentioned above) since the ics update. Very frustrating indeed.