1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wifi Tethering

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible FAQ' started by hyped1337, Feb 10, 2011.

1. hyped1337

hyped1337 New Member

Ok, So I pay about $50 a month for my phone, I want to make a wirless hotspot, but I am not usre If I am allowed to. I am not sure if I need to pay for this feature, but it is available on my phone and it works.. The only think i am worried about is that will I get overcharged for using a feature on my droid that I am not meant to? I am not even sure If I do pay for it.. But since I can use it fine I must have to pay for it or somthing.. is it even free? Hellppp!@!!
  2. BWAT1009

BWAT1009 New Member

If your phone is rooted and u are using the wireless tether app it is free. If not rooted it is not free but the 3G hotspot app that comes preinstalled should direct u to sign up for a mobile hotspot plan for 20.00 per month. It isnt supposed to let u use it without this agreement. Thats why i and many others rooted.
  3. DisneyRicky

DisneyRicky New Member

What I do is I got pdaNet for my Incredible, and iMac.

Connect them via USB, then go settings>sharing>Internet Sharing> Share via AirPort

Then I can use my laptop, and iPad for browsing. :D