Wifi mount

OHogandroider

Reaction score
I seem to have successfully mounted my Droid's sdcard as drive q: to my laptop computer. I can drag music files to the drive, and on the Droid FTP log it shows the files being transferred. But, I cannot find the files in the music section on the Droid. One last thing, there was a message popping up from the netdrive software, "ftp: command REST failed." Any takers? Probably something simple I am missing.

Last edited:
OP
OHogandroider

OHogandroider

Reaction score
had some unexpected luck, reconnected netdrive and mounted drive q:, one of the music files was transferred to the Droid. Tried to transfer some more files, no luck, would not show up in Droid. Does it have something to do with a passive vs. active connection? Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Are you using a file manager on the Droid to confirm that they haven't shown up or are you waiting for them to show up in the songs list of the music player. If the files are really there, I don't think they'll show up in the songs list until the Droid rescans the SD card for songs, ringtones, etc. You can force a rescan by turning the Droid off and back on or, better yet, install the SDrescan app.

Normally, if you were transferring songs using the USB cable, the Droid would rescan when the SD card is remounted when disconnecting the cable so they would show up right away.

Last edited: