wifi dropping out on maxx hd.

bohemouth

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone. Been gone a while, I have this issue with my WiFi ever since JB update. It was a little annoying at first, it was dropping or rather, failing to connect to my home WiFi. Only once in a while, now largely it seems everyday at home with my smart actions it can not connect to WiFi, everything else in the house is WiFi and connected just fine. I did go rummaging through all the threads before writing this. I found one for the RAZR M but was worried they were two different phones and itight not work on the Max HD. Anyhoo, anyone have any advice on what I should do? I'm nervous to go into the advanced settings, I don't really know what all that is.
A little help would be great. Thanks yaw'all.

turbodave

Reaction score
Don't know how much help I can be. My wifi works great and stays strong (battery eater). But you mentioned smart actions. Since I don't know what they are or how to use them, maybe the smart actions are your issue.

jtc303

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone. Been gone a while, I have this issue with my WiFi ever since JB update. It was a little annoying at first, it was dropping or rather, failing to connect to my home WiFi. Only once in a while, now largely it seems everyday at home with my smart actions it can not connect to WiFi, everything else in the house is WiFi and connected just fine. I did go rummaging through all the threads before writing this. I found one for the RAZR M but was worried they were two different phones and itight not work on the Max HD. Anyhoo, anyone have any advice on what I should do? I'm nervous to go into the advanced settings, I don't really know what all that is.
A little help would be great. Thanks yaw'all.

What smartaction rule do you have set? Im assuming you tried turning it off to see if that was the cause..

°||MaxxHD||°

OP
bohemouth

bohemouth

Reaction score
What smartaction rule do you have set? Im assuming you tried turning it off to see if that was the cause..

°||MaxxHD||°
Yes. I have turned off my Home smart action which turns off my data and goes to WiFi when I am at the address of my house. Right now my phone is recognizing no WiFi at all and I'm at home with everything working fine WiFi except my phone.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting your router? I had a similar problem with a phone a few years ago and it was driving me nuts too, because EVERY other wifi device in the house worked fine. So I of course figured that NO WAY could be it be a router problem. Anyway out of desperation I finally rebooted the router....and all my problems went away for good. :D

OP
bohemouth

bohemouth

Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting your router? I had a similar problem with a phone a few years ago and it was driving me nuts too, because EVERY other wifi device in the house worked fine. So I of course figured that NO WAY could be it be a router problem. Anyway out of desperation I finally rebooted the router....and all my problems went away for good. :D
Thanks so much randon, i never thought about that, cause everything eles in the house is working fine, i thought for sure it had to be a phone issue. I will try that next. I adjusted one of my smart actions that turns WiFi off/ Data off, baackground sync, when I'm not using my droid, i switched it to just keep WiFi on. Maybe my droid just is having a hard time finding it and turning it on again. Thanks again.