Wifi calling

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I need a good, free app for calling over wifi. And no, skype doesn't seem to foot the bill, it says the mobile version doesn't work over wifi. Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

dave52355

Reaction score
Sipdroid works well if you have a google voice number. Groove IP but its a pay app.

don_droid

Reaction score
I am using the real Skype not vzw version and it works very well over wifi.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lehenson

Reaction score
Yeah, I was really PO'd when I got my new Droid and Verizon had locked out Skype. I travel overseas all the time and Skype was my way of calling home. So, I found another voip program called Fring and it works just like Skype. If you go to the market, search Fring and the app is free. The price for calls to phones is the same as Skype and it too has the ability to make free (my favorite word..) Fring to Fring calls.
Enjoy

GeoLund

Reaction score
I use Grove IP and it works great for free calls over wifi or over network. Totally worth the one time cost of the app and you can call any phone, not just folks that have the program.

don_droid

Reaction score
Yeah, I was really PO'd when I got my new Droid and Verizon had locked out Skype. I travel overseas all the time and Skype was my way of calling home. So, I found another voip program called Fring and it works just like Skype. If you go to the market, search Fring and the app is free. The price for calls to phones is the same as Skype and it too has the ability to make free (my favorite word..) Fring to Fring calls.
Enjoy

Hi, I use Skype, to make calls so it is not locked out. I used in in the USA and Europe.