1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WiFi and 4G

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by GeekRex, Feb 15, 2012.

1. GeekRex

GeekRex New Member

This is the first device I have used that has 2 paths to the Internet. When I am connected to my WiFi or out and about and I'm connected to a WiFi, does the WiFi take precedence? If so, unless I turn off WiFi would the phone connection ever take over? The documentation doesn't even come close to discussing this.
  2. SallyC

SallyC Well-Known Member

You can set up Smart Actions or use apps like Juice Defender to manage wifi and data connections, but generally if you are connected via wifi your data (3G or 4G) will turn off and wifi will take precedence. You can see this as your data connection will no longer be blue and active but your wifi bars will be blue. At least that's how it looks on mine.

If you want more info about this - and other Android OS info - you can view or download this Android manual. Specifically for this, I would recommend the Connecting to Networks and devices section.
  3. doggy2965

doggy2965 New Member

Wifi is first then cellular data. If you have good wifi you can use smart action to disable cellular in background while on wifi saves your battery if on wifi for extended periods.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
can you turn 4g off on your phone and use wi-fi
can you use your droid razr maxx even if wireless is turned

does 4g turn off when connected to wifi

does wifi take precedence over 4g

does wifi take precident over 4g on galaxy s2
hoe to uses the internet with razr mm
how do i turn on 4g network on verizon droid phone...just ge
how do you know when you are connected to wifi on a droid ma
how to connect to wifi on 4g
how to set s5 to disable 4g when connected to wifi