WiFi and 4G

jhom

Reaction score
I'm wondering whether the 4G radio is actually turned off when I'm using WiFi? Even though WiFi is running, the 4LTE icon is displayed. It may be white or blue. Recently, I installed Data Switch which enables/disables data. The 4LTE icon is not displayed when Data Switch disables data. I've noticed an increase in battery charge when I keep the 4LTE off with Data Switch, leading me to believe that normally the 4LTE radio is still on when WiFi is running. I'm I wrong?

wilboy

Reaction score
There's one thing(i am sure)or may be more that 4gLTE/3g is turning on automatically when someone sending you the MMS.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
when wifi is on data is off. Phone calls and text come in through different signals.

Wifi also uses less battery as long as its on a stable wifi connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
But, is data truly off? I've run both conditions, WiFi on/4LTE normally displayed and WiFi on/4LTE off with Data Switch. I seems with the Data Switch condition, I have more of a battery charge over similar time period and usage.

wilboy

Reaction score
But, is data truly off? I've run both conditions, WiFi on/4LTE normally displayed and WiFi on/4LTE off with Data Switch. I seems with the Data Switch condition, I have more of a battery charge over similar time period and usage.
You can read my SIG. for some info...:)

Edit:Your 4/3g is still active(consume your batt.)unless turning it off by Data switch to OFF.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Question... since I seem to be experiencing some HORRIBLE battery life I would like to try this out. Which battery switch application are y'all using? There are several on the market.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

OP
jhom

jhom

Reaction score
Question... since I seem to be experiencing some HORRIBLE battery life I would like to try this out. Which battery switch application are y'all using? There are several on the market.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

I'm using Data Switch. It is available from the market.