1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WiFi and 4G

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by jhom, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jhom

jhom Member

I'm wondering whether the 4G radio is actually turned off when I'm using WiFi? Even though WiFi is running, the 4LTE icon is displayed. It may be white or blue. Recently, I installed Data Switch which enables/disables data. The 4LTE icon is not displayed when Data Switch disables data. I've noticed an increase in battery charge when I keep the 4LTE off with Data Switch, leading me to believe that normally the 4LTE radio is still on when WiFi is running. I'm I wrong?
  2. wilboy

wilboy New Member

There's one thing(i am sure)or may be more that 4gLTE/3g is turning on automatically when someone sending you the MMS.
  3. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

when wifi is on data is off. Phone calls and text come in through different signals.

Wifi also uses less battery as long as its on a stable wifi connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  4. jhom

jhom Member

But, is data truly off? I've run both conditions, WiFi on/4LTE normally displayed and WiFi on/4LTE off with Data Switch. I seems with the Data Switch condition, I have more of a battery charge over similar time period and usage.
  5. wilboy

wilboy New Member

You can read my SIG. for some info...:)

Edit:Your 4/3g is still active(consume your batt.)unless turning it off by Data switch to OFF.
  6. debrad0307

debrad0307 New Member

Question... since I seem to be experiencing some HORRIBLE battery life I would like to try this out. Which battery switch application are y'all using? There are several on the market.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC
  7. jhom

jhom Member

I'm using Data Switch. It is available from the market.