Why Liberty, but no CyanogenMod?

RCS

Reaction score
This might be a stupid newbie question, but why do roms like Liberty work on the Droid X, yet CyanogenMod doesn't? I know it's related to the X's encrypted bootloader, but why one and not the other?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the community. I see its your first post. Glad to have you with us and glad to see your asking questions. I really think the reason it doesnt work is because Cyan has D1 system files and just wouldnt be able to run the DX. Also each phone usually has different hardware and different software which the roms have to be created to run that particular device. Kinda what im thing on it haha

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Cm uses a custom kernel.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
This might be a stupid newbie question, but why do roms like Liberty work on the Droid X, yet CyanogenMod doesn't? I know it's related to the X's encrypted bootloader, but why one and not the other?

It would work it just hasn't been ported over. CVPCS is working on it and if you'd like to follow him check out his twitter.com/cvpcs

PhishPhan

Reaction score

You are correct on it being the locked boot-loader. CM runs on a custom kernel, while Liberty (which is great IMO) uses the stock kernel, and a hijacked boot-loader. Liberty is mainly Blur removed, and a re-write of most of the code that can be modded.
I have been running Liberty and it is leaps and bounds better than stock, it is faster, cleaner and seems to be less bat intensive.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty is mainly Blur removed, and a re-write of most of the code that can be modded.
I have been running Liberty and it is leaps and bounds better than stock, it is faster, cleaner and seems to be less bat intensive.

I ran liberty v1.0 and v1.5. Liberty really doesnt seem to use much battery while i can get 16-18hrs battery with moderate usage and 20-27hrs light usage. I have a stock battery running between 1.2-1.35ghz LV. Not much of anything blur on the ROM either. IMO blows stock out of the water. kejar31 and jrummy16 did some amazing work and thanks goes to them and the others who help dev the ROM.