1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why is my WiFi slower then 3g?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jtpryan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. jtpryan

jtpryan New Member

Something I can't figure out is that when I use the browser over 3g it feels significantly faster then when I am home and use it on my WiFi connection. In fact everything feels slower. My laptop, over the same connection, is fine, so I know the connection is good. I am right next to the router.

This may be unrelated, but I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and took a look at the color Nook (Android). This also seemed slow to browse. Now, I didn't have my laptop to compare against the same connection, but I assume the experience on a laptop over their connection would be fairly good. I know the hardware is completely different, but the difference is so dramatic I wondered if something else was amiss.

Anyway, am I wrong to expect the browsing response to be better over WiFi then 3g?

Jim
  2. billyidle

billyidle New Member

It all depends on your 3G signal strength Vs. Wifi signal strength, also on how fast the internet connection your Wifi is connected to.
  3. crspang

crspang New Member

Download the speed test app from the market and compare the two.
Search tags for this page

android wifi slower than 3g

droid x wifi slower than 3g
my wifi is slower than 3g
s3 wifi slower than 3g
slow internet on android wifi than 3g
why is wifi slower than 3g on my galaxy s4