Why Google?!?!?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
[h=2]Remove devices on Google Play website[/h]

It is not possible to completely delete devices listed under Settings on the Google Play website. However, if you'd prefer to hide or remove a device from view, you can do so:

• Visit play.google.com
  • Select Orders & Devices (at the bottom of the page)
  • Navigate to Devices
  • Click Show in Menus (under Visibility)
  • Select Hidden in Menus next to the device you wish to hide

Anyone have any idea what Google is thinking nhere with NOT letting you remove devices? THis is so dumb! And I cannot figure out any reason why they would prevent us from doing this.

I have a RAZR HD and a TF300T.

SO I want to delete my Incredible 2 (sold on Ebay) my Toshiba Thrive (given to a buddy) and the:
(this one drives me absolutely bat s---)
the first TF300T that I had for about a week and sent back to Asus because it was defective.

Can anyone think of why they would not allow deletes?!?!

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Same reason you can't remove apps from your history on the website? Idk but it sucks.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same reason you can't remove apps from your history on the website? Idk but it sucks.

The last update actually allows you to remove unwanted apps from your history. They should disappear once you delete them via your device.

As to removing your device I'm not sure when that changed because I actually had to delete some when I flashed CM9 as the play store had read each new instance of flashing as a new phone.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have deleted 2 devices from the Google Store device list without a problem. And yes, you can finallty also delete apps from the list.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
They should disappear once you delete them via your device.

Yeah, from your mobile device. But the last time I checked you can't do it from the desktop website, unless there's been a recent change that I don't know about. It would be less of a fuss if they allowed multi-select on the app.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have deleted 2 devices from the Google Store device list without a problem. And yes, you can finallty also delete apps from the list.

As Mission Improbable pointed out: this has been changed.
I have deleted devices in the past but am no longer allowed to.
Sketchy, Google. Sketchy.

Cobra is right, only from the phone. Which is buggy, too.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I deleted a device not more than a few weeks ago. It WAS no longer active in my name and it was a tablet. Not sure if that made a difference

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I have deleted devices in the past but am no longer allowed to.

Same here. Tried looking for the option to delete a device a few weeks ago (a phone) and wasn't able to.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I deleted a device not more than a few weeks ago. It WAS no longer active in my name and it was a tablet. Not sure if that made a difference

None of the devices I want to delete are "in my name". One is a tablet and one is a phone.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now it appears I can only remove it from the list but I can STILL do that.

Bottom of the page "my orders and settings" second tab is settings and you can uncheck an item. The other items I had deleted before are not there but if you uncheck one, (now), it may show up as an un-named device but will not appear in the list of devices when installing an app.