Trying to delete files on my device

SandmanGTP

Reaction score
I've got some music I'm trying to delete off my device. I'm having some trouble since I have my SD card removed and the SIM card removed but I can not find the files on my laptop or phone in any file explorer. They show up in Google Music and play just fine. So where would they be?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

I may be totally wrong or don't understand but it sounds as if the files never were on your phone. You may have been streaming the music from Google.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I've got some music I'm trying to delete off my device. I'm having some trouble since I have my SD card removed and the SIM card removed but I can not find the files on my laptop or phone in any file explorer. They show up in Google Music and play just fine. So where would they be?

Have the same problem, good luck.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And we told you what the problem was, Jimmy. This is not a "problem": it is by design.
Google wants you to store all your music on its' servers. So when you buy a song you get to play it from the "Cloud" directly from Googles servers. This is why you don't need an SD Card Jimmy!

To the OP: Go into Google Music app.
Pull up the song you want to download. Click on the Grey "PushPin" icon. This will download the song to your device.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please be respectful to others when replying in this and any thread on DF.