Why don't you put some more adds on this site ?

Bolt2Razr

Reaction score
I mean it's not like you're making peoples PC's lag or anything.

actually if you put one more add on this site it will become totally unbearable, do the people that own this site think that only App developers with high pc's come here? You will get more members and users of this site if you make it "user friendly" and right now it is nowhere near it.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I admit that I avoided coming to this site while using my desktop. But it's more than just the ads. My desktop is old and slow and doesn't handle any boards like this well. My laptop is a bit newer and it handles the site better. My preferred way of browsing the site is still my phone. For me the worst sites are Home Depot and Lowes. I don't even try them with my desktop.

Last edited:

Fonzz

Reaction score
Too many Ads?

16kb48m.jpg

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Fonzz said:
Too many Ads?

As far as the amount of ads go this board isn't that bad. I've seen and belonged to worse. I'd rather deal with a few ads then have to pay for a membership or worse, have the board shut down.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your logged into the site there are only 3 ads displayed. We've had this same setup for the past 2 years.

OP
B

Bolt2Razr

Reaction score
If your logged into the site there are only 3 ads displayed. We've had this same setup for the past 2 years.

whatever you say buddy.

Like I've said in the original post, this site is far from being user friendly and sites that are not user friendly tend to drive people away.......but I'm sure your market research already told you this.

BaSHa

Reaction score
Hey I'm just thankful there isn't any full screen pop up ads that are impossible to close from a mobile device. Websites with those kind of adds I avoid but on this site the adds aren't noticeable at all..

nomadicnut

Reaction score
BaSHa said:
Hey I'm just thankful there isn't any full screen pop up ads that are impossible to close from a mobile device. Websites with those kind of adds I avoid but on this site the adds aren't noticeable at all..

Agree. This site and it's minimal ads sure pose no problems whatsoever for a mobile. IMO it's the easiest to use, best site for Android owners available. And better yet, it's always a civil environment.

Hats off to all who make this site possible.

nomadicnut

Reaction score
nomadicnut said:
Agree. This site and it's minimal ads sure pose no problems whatsoever for a mobile. IMO it's the easiest to use, best site for Android owners available. And better yet, it's always a civil environment.

Hats off to all who make this site possible.

Forgot to add that there is an app for this site that is a breeze to use.

If you ever need to add a screenshot or a photo to a post this is the least complicated app in the world. Such as this one.

Quick

Reaction score

Haha, I kind of feel like I'm getting cheated or missing out :)
I have not seen any ads. I looked and the only thing I could find was down the right side of the main forum page with pics and something like "visit our Galaxy 3 section". That what we're talking about? I use Tapatalk on the mobile and Firefox on the PC. I'm sure if there was configuration/add-ons for ad blocking I have them. Maybe that's it? But I don't see any blank boxes or anything...

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
You probably would have spent less time just installing ad blocking software to your computer rather than creating this thread. I don't even notice ads on DF.

carguy

Reaction score
I don't see it as a problem. I'm using an old-ass dell vostro 860 laptop with the BASIC Comcast internet connection at home and have zero issues using this site.