White 32GB Nexus 5 Now Fastest Ship Time on Google Play Store

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
white-nexus5-32gb-fast-ship-time.png

Google has been having a hard time keeping up with demand for the new Nexus 5 smartphone. It's not surprising considering how impressive the device is for the money. Right now, if you are ordering any of the models it will take a couple of weeks before the device even ships. There is one exception though. The 32GB white version of the Nexus 5 is the least popular option. Because of this it will actually ship in just 1-2 days according to the Google Play Store. If you were looking to grab one and get it before the Christmas holiday, this particular model might be your last opportunity to do that, as the others might cut things a bit too close.

Here's a link the Google Play Store to snap this up: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_32GB_White?id=nexus_5_white_32gb

Sound off and share which Nexus 5 you are most interested in.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everytime I see a news article about the Nexus 5, I feel like I'm either being teased from a far, like "nannee nannee nan nee, you can't have me" or I'm being goated into just leaving Verizon already.

I liken leaving Verizon to taking off a huge band-aid from a hairy part of my body, LOL. Sure, the cut is healed, but it's so much easier to just leave it on.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it's not the device in your pocket that matters, but the service that makes the device functional, what is the point of having a device with shady service, it's like carrying a paper weight in your pocket, thanks but no thanks.

g_what

Reaction score
I ordered my Black 32GB N5 on November 27. At the time the page said it would leave the warehouse by Dec 11. On Nov 30 I received an email from Google that my N5 left the warehouse and was scheduled to be delivered by December 5th. Yesterday my UPS tracking page was updated and the new scheduled delivery date is TODAY! Should have it by the end of the day. All I have to say is "Way to go Google and UPS!"

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Black 32GB N5 on November 27. At the time the page said it would leave the warehouse by Dec 11. On Nov 30 I received an email from Google that my N5 left the warehouse and was scheduled to be delivered by December 5th. Yesterday my UPS tracking page was updated and the new scheduled delivery date is TODAY! Should have it by the end of the day. All I have to say is "Way to go Google and UPS!"

So....er....where ya going now? TMo, AT&T, Walmart?

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This device would have been an affordable way to test out different carriers without being locked in for two years. Google dropped the ball. They could have made it compatible with Verizon, and left it to the users to find a way to use it on their network.

g_what

Reaction score
So....er....where ya going now? TMo, AT&T, Walmart?
Unfortunately, yes, I had to leave Verizon. Jumping to ATT. Personally, I'd rather have the best phone on the second best network than the second best phone (Moto X, imo) on the best network. Also, I work primarily in south Texas where ATT actually has much better coverage than Verizon.

MLow

Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes, I had to leave Verizon. Jumping to ATT. Personally, I'd rather have the best phone on the second best network than the second best phone (Moto X, imo) on the best network. Also, I work primarily in south Texas where ATT actually has much better coverage than Verizon.

Where is it shipping from? I am in south texas as well and my black 16gb shipped today(no tracking update though, just the number and "shipping label created" message). I ordered on the 29th. It said leaves warehouse on 13th.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score

Interesting.

I would otherwise agree, if I was going to subscribe to the spec bashing, but...Moto X has something about it, that is just very enticing, especially since the price is just right at 349.00.

I'm just mad I can't get an unlocked Moto X that works everywhere.

g_what

Reaction score
Where is it shipping from? I am in south texas as well and my black 16gb shipped today(no tracking update though, just the number and "shipping label created" message). I ordered on the 29th. It said leaves warehouse on 13th.
It shipped from Loiusville, KY. Just arrived 30 min ago :)

jamjr74

Reaction score
I couldn't help myself either and had to have this phone! Left Verizon after about 8 years for T-Mobile. Coverage has been decent and enough to keep me happy. Verizon still has hands down the best network but I hated the direction they have been moving. High prices, capped data, hidden fees and of course no Nexus devices! Their customer service always treated me well but in the end it is about getting the phone I want and the plan I want. I'll be saving $40-$50 a month on my family plan and will have no data caps! When and if Verizon decides to change their plan structure then I may come back but til then I'll hang with T-Mobile!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's fear that keeps me tethered to big red. I was hoping this phone would be my safety net to try out the others before I jump ship, but it's a no go for now.