While in call My Back lit displays goes on and off?

robdroid

Reaction score
:blackdroid: I have noticed that my new toy does something odd. While in a cell call (with Blue Tooth ear device) my display screens blinks on and off with no pattern I can report. I have not seen this in any other of its functions only while on a call. The call itself is with out issue! Has anyone else seen this?

jcboyett

Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed my phones screen comes on while in a call. It has only started doing this recently. But I'll be in a call and all of a sudden here the dial pad, when I take the phone away from my ear I see that the screen is on and a few numbers have been pressed on the touchscreen.

Edit: Nevermind, saw this thread and didn't see that it was for the incredible... sorry

OP
robdroid

robdroid

Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed my phones screen comes on while in a call. It has only started doing this recently. But I'll be in a call and all of a sudden here the dial pad, when I take the phone away from my ear I see that the screen is on and a few numbers have been pressed on the touchscreen.

Edit: Nevermind, saw this thread and didn't see that it was for the incredible... sorry

In my case it goes on and off and its not to my ear its in cradle or on desk top as i am using a Blue tooth Ear piece

brianr0131

Reaction score
There is a proximity sensor that is supposed to turn the screen off while it's at your face. Are you moving anything near the phone while it's on the desk?

Maybe you have a ghost LOL

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
You can see two little round "windows" on either side of the Verizon logo at the top of the screen. The one to the left is what senses something (i.e. your head) and shuts of the display. I would presume it's so you don't cheak dial :) as I used to do all the time with my BB Storm (before I got much wiser and bought a real phone)

sirbrit

Reaction score
mine does this also, when in call on my bluetooth and with the phone set on the desk with nothing near the proximity sensor- it switches from phone screen to standby screen (dark and blank) back and forth very irritating. any one know why?

Last edited:

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
It seems this only happens when using bluetooth, well maybe the screen goes blank to save battery, then the sensor looks for you, but sees more light than it should, so it kicks the screen back on?

sirbrit

Reaction score
extremely irritating, the worst part is- when u try to do someting on the phone when on a bluetooth call like look up a number the screen keeps flasing on and off... grrrrrrrrr!