1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Display issues?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by bettiepage, Mar 30, 2010.

1. bettiepage

bettiepage New Member

I apologize if I am repeating someone else's question...but I purchased the Droid last night, and I can not figure out the screen display options. After the screen goes dark from inactivity, it doesn't light up when I receive a new message or call. For example, I was in a meeting today so I had the phone on silent, and during the meeting I received 3 calls and a text message. The phone never lit up or displayed the calls and messages, until I pushed the button on the top and checked. I have to keep it on silent when I am in meetings, but I would like to see who is calling in case it is one of my children. Is there a way to make the phone display when I receive a call or message?
    Thanks!
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

It should do this (turn on for calls) automatically. I would take your phone in to VZW to get it checked, as this is not normal behavior.

As far as turning on for SMS/MMS and other things, you'll likely need a 3rd party app like Handcent, or SMS Popup....

Go get your phone checked. Good luck.