Which SBF file to use ?

beavis29290

Reaction score
I want to sbf my droid x but i'm not sure which sbf file to use. I was on rubix 1.8.6. I haven't flashed the leaked update

system version
2.3.20mb810

Adroid version

Wh

OP
B

beavis29290

Reaction score
Thanks dude... I'm kind of a techy and just want to be comfortable with this kind of stuff just in case...

tatuud

Reaction score
Not sure but his first post stated he HAS NOT flashed the leak. If that's the case shouldn't he use the 2.3.15 sbf as u first suggested?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
if that's the case then yeah, the easiest way to tell which one you need is to boot into the bootloader

Down Vol + Camera + Power

if the bootloader is version 30.03 then you need 2.3.15
if it's 30.04 then you need the leaked system only sbf

tatuud

Reaction score
Mad you know more than me on this subject but would u still use the new sbf, 2.3.320 even if u never applied the leak from tbh? It appears people receiving cert like new phones are getting 30.04 but r still on 2.2. So I guess im asking which sbf do u use and is it all dependent on the bootloader version? Thanks

maderschramm

Reaction score
Mad you know more than me on this subject but would u still use the new sbf, 2.3.320 even if u never applied the leak from tbh? It appears people receiving cert like new phones are getting 30.04 but r still on 2.2. So I guess im asking which sbf do u use and is it all dependent on the bootloader version? Thanks

the leaked update has to be used on 30.04 because part of the update is an update of the bootloader not letting you go back to previous firmwares

this actually happened to me when i got a cert replacement for my own dx

tatuud

Reaction score
Thank you sir just wanted to confirm...there has been a lot talk about this and it seems a lot of people are confused about this.

OP
B

beavis29290

Reaction score
if that's the case then yeah, the easiest way to tell which one you need is to boot into the bootloader

Down Vol + Camera + Power

if the bootloader is version 30.03 then you need 2.3.15
if it's 30.04 then you need the leaked system only sbf

Thanks that worked. I was on 30.03