Which recovery image are you using?

kamisan

Reaction score
Rzr. Rom manager does not play well with my 3 partitions

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Zepius

Reaction score
i don't at all mean to sound dickish but i really wonder why anyone would still use spr? i know it's the original, but isn't it a pain having to rename everything to update.zip?

because it works pretty much without fail

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
And I guess renaming everything to "update.zip" could be seen as being a bit tedious, but the only thing I really flash these days is new kernels. Once I've downloaded one, I copy it (via File Explorer) from download to the root of my SD and rename the copy to update.zip. That's how I've always done it, so it's not much of a pain for me.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And I guess renaming everything to "update.zip" could be seen as being a bit tedious, but the only thing I really flash these days is new kernels. Once I've downloaded one, I copy it (via File Explorer) from download to the root of my SD and rename the copy to update.zip. That's how I've always done it, so it's not much of a pain for me.

So what rom are you running if you only flash kernels now?

juniorjwh

Reaction score
RZR! love the wipe all, overclocked, and the blue color. I need more speed!

magi it was the power button. brought it to big red, and they sent me a new one! Gotta love it!

Sent from a DROID1 behind bars for flashing unsuspecting ROMS in the park

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

magi it was the power button. brought it to big red, and they sent me a new one! Gotta love it!

Did they ask / check that you had non-stock software? Glad you got a working phone again.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Hopefully they didn't check your phone, or your account will be charged full price. Glad you got a new phone. I swear these power buttons on these OG's just suck.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
So what rom are you running if you only flash kernels now?

I'm just running a rooted, stock Froyo rom with a few Honeycomb metamorphs. My current kernel is ChevyNo1's low voltage 900 MHz that he released on May 31st. I like vanilla android, so I plan on flashing Pete Alfonso's GPA16 when it drops. You?

juniorjwh

Reaction score

Did they ask / check that you had non-stock software? Glad you got a working phone again.

They couldn't, it wouldn't boot further than the M logo. The power button was permanently on.

Superdan2481

Reaction score
ok is it just me or Does RZ make your phone flash Better than CLOCKwork...my Phone ran so much more smoother after the flash....??? any opinions?

Card

Reaction score
I'm still on CW 2.5, but I've heard lots of nice things about RzR, so I'll probably switch up the next time I get antsy to mess with my phone.

kamisan

Reaction score
rzr

ok is it just me or Does RZ make your phone flash Better than CLOCKwork...my Phone ran so much more smoother after the flash....??? any opinions?

You might be onto something, Clockwork has not played well with mine in the past and definitly not with 3 partititions, when it boots to recovery it cant find any files (on the first partition) to update with. Error after error, in the past I had uninstall and reinstall it often after updates or it would "dork up" (sorry to use such a techy word there) :p
RZR is not as 'auto' as CW but it works and seems to not break.